Moderator: crythias

ju88a
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.5
Company: Panbet LTD

Migrated to new server attachments not showing

Post by ju88a »

Hi

I have moved OTRS to new server, old server was using FS for attachments. I have copied over the article folder from one server to another but some attachments are not showing up. I have tried to set folder rights to OTRS and apache as group but I noticed on the old server that some folders are apache:apache and some are otrs:apache. How can I get the attachments to show in these emails please.

Thanks
Craig
catweazle
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.1

Re: Migrated to new server attachments not showing

Post by catweazle »

otrs:apache should be fine.

check logfile for permission errors.

havn t you used backup and restore scripts?
1: OTRS 3.1.21 + Support + MasterSlave @ CentOS 6.5 , MySQL
2: Test: OTRS 3.1.21 + Support + MasterSlave @ CentOS 6.5 , MySQL
3: Test-2: OTRS 3.3.x + Support + MasterSlave @ CentOS 6.5 , MySQL (iphone, idoit-trash)
ju88a
Znuny newbie

Post by ju88a »

otrs:apache not working on all folders, it did work on one days worth but not on others which I find strange. I have not used the scripts as I was not aware of them at the time unfortunately and now its too late as new server is in production over a day so loss of data will occur.

Any other ideas?
thank you
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

retroactive permission settings on prod won't hurt for copied data.

You still have bad permissions. Probably otrs needs to be a member of apache.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ju88a
Znuny newbie

Post by ju88a »

Sorry can you explain retroactive permissions please as I do not understand. I have checked OTRS is a member of apache group and its storing new attachments correctly so I dont think its that.
Thanks for replying, any other thoughts appreciated as I'm getting hammered by agents currently?

Thank you
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

ju88a wrote: I have copied over the article folder from one server to another but some attachments are not showing up
ju88a wrote:it did work on one days worth but not on others which I find strange.
ju88a wrote:I have not used the scripts as I was not aware of them at the time unfortunately and now its too late as new server is in production over a day so loss of data will occur.
What loss of data should occur by changing permissions on existing files? (read: none). Also, that's why you have backups.
catweazle wrote:check logfile for permission errors.
Anything being requested but cannot be found will be logged -- either in syslog or apache error log or somewhere else. If you copied the folder structure, existing data exists where it did originally. When you say "some" attachments are not showing up, that's not specific enough. "some attachments for transferred data" is better, but without knowing exactly the error, we're going to be throwing darts at a blank map.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ju88a
Znuny newbie

Post by ju88a »

What I meant was I cannot go back to old server make a backup and transfer to new server and run backup restore scripts otherwise I will lose data on production server from the last day that the changeover happened.

When I search for a ticket with a known file attachment on the new server, attachment does not show, I also see no error in syslog or http error log which is strange. When I goto the old server I see the attachment under that same ticket number. Its strange that I cannot see any error from otrs syslog or httpd error log relating to cannot find attachment or similar. The complete article folder was copied from old to new server and otrs:apache rights have been set.

I understand I have made an error while bringing this new server up, this was my first time and I was under pressure to change servers that were in production and had to do this in the middle of the night, which didnt help as we run a 24/7 support office.

Another issue I see is the Agent toolbar does not show locked ticket icon for agents but it does for me the only difference is I am an admin, these shortcut icons are set to show under sysconfig and I see them, I copied over the ZZZauto.pm and ZZZAauto.pm and the config.pm and set proper permissions on them too, any ideas on this one?

Many Thanks