Multiple OU, multiple AD above all multiple companies!

Moderator: crythias

Ni-Cola
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Multiple OU, multiple AD above all multiple companies!

Post by Ni-Cola »

Hi from Italy from an OTRS enthusiast who hope his english is not too bad.

I am setting OTRS 3 for an industrial group who has many companies in it, with different locations and multiple Active Directories.

The first AD domain "ACME.it" relates to a company who has different locations in which it operates. One location is "Lucca" for which I imported the users succefully.
The OU "Lucca" belongs to ACME, and the OU in which its users are, Utenti" belongs to Lucca! ( BaseDN => 'OU=Utenti,OU=Lucca,DC=ACME,DC=it' )

We have fullfilled in ADs some fields, included "mail" and "company", the last one for this first location contains "ACME Lucca", something like each location was a company.

All locations of ACME have a single address for helpdesk requests, and others companies of the industrial group eachone their own.

But how can I automatically groups requests of a each location (of ACME and other companies) in a single dedicated "group" (eg queue or sub-queue)?

Thanks in Advance!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Multiple OU, multiple AD above all multiple companies!

Post by crythias »

You can use Customer Groups and multiple backends with default groups per backend. and you can set the CustomerID to be the division (not the email address) of the company.

if "many" >10, then it may require some assistance. At that large of an installation, I'd strongly recommend paying for support and consultation.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Ni-Cola
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Re: Multiple OU, multiple AD above all multiple companies!

Post by Ni-Cola »

crythias wrote:You can use Customer Groups and multiple backends with default groups per backend. and you can set the CustomerID to be the division (not the email address) of the company.

if "many" >10, then it may require some assistance. At that large of an installation, I'd strongly recommend paying for support and consultation.
I guess we are under 10, at least now.
I agree the Corporate can buy support, but for now I want only demonstrate some potentiality of this great opensource software only for the company IT helpdesks I take care for ("ACME").

And I didn't understand how use Customer Groups and CustomerID to automatically regroups each location in separate queues (or whatever can I use).

Thanks for your (eventual) patience.
(And sorry but I have no budget in hands, but I can suggest my boss and his bosses to spend some money...)