tracking IT budget levels

Moderator: crythias

jbtaylor79
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.9

tracking IT budget levels

Post by jbtaylor79 »

Now I know OTRS is not an accounting software; however, I have been asked if OTRS can help track the budget levels for certain IT funding streams. Example: Say $100K is set aside for IT repairs. Is there a way to maybe add the following fields to a change/workorder: cost estimate, actual cost, funding remaining. The idea being that somehow the funding remaining would be automatically updated. The client is fine with manually entering the funding remaining but that idea scares me because I see many hours wasted in trying to reconcile.

However, I thought I would ask those more knowledgeable than I. What are your thoughts?

-James
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: tracking IT budget levels

Post by crythias »

You might use a variation on the time accounting plugin.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Post by Wolfgangf »

with timeaccounting you can record used time units, but AFAIK you can't have a budget value here
so any deviation analyes would the again be manuall
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
Lorenzo_Marschall
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 2.4 / 3.x
Company: bmsoft information technologies GmbH

Post by Lorenzo_Marschall »

We're monitoring IT budgets for projects automaticly based on the time_accounting table, a field with the maximum, located in e.g. customer_company or a table of your own and some SQL statements. So you can trigger what you want.
OTRS + ITSM + PostgreSQL @ Debian