OTRS newbie
OTRS Version?: 6.1.20
Company: SysFix

Struggling with Errors after 5 to 6 upgrade

Post by pstanbra » 13 Aug 2019, 12:32

Hi,
I'm really struggling with various errors after upgrading our OTRS to v6.020

In Logs, I'm receiving errors including;

Could not create a modified setting version for Ticket::Type::Default! Rolling back.
Need DefaultVersionID!
Setting Ticket::Type::Default Effective value is not correct: Entity value is invalid(Unclassified)!
Need Name!
Could not create a modified setting version for OTRSTimeZone! Rolling back.

I also was not able to access sysconfig and had to manually add a line into the config.pm to gain access.
It seems that any change to settings throws an error and they don't save.

I think in particular, there may be 1 error stopping everything from saving but I may be wrong. It's

error OTRS-CGI-10 Setting Ticket::Type::Default Effective value is not correct: Entity value is invalid(Unclassified)!

I've tried Default but it won't save the setting.
Think it's to do with the Addon TicketType
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jbaptiste
OTRS expert
OTRS Version?: 6.0.x

Re: Struggling with Errors after 5 to 6 upgrade

Post by jbaptiste » 14 Aug 2019, 22:48

Could you post the steps you did to do the upgrade?
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page

pstanbra
OTRS newbie

Post by pstanbra » 15 Aug 2019, 09:17

Sure
I'm on ubuntu 16.x

I copied the OTRS to OTRS-old
I also ran a DB backup
I downloaded the latest OTRS and unpacked
I then had /opt/otrs again.
I copied over the config.pm and a few other files from Kernel, one with xx I think
I then ran the update script and it kept failing saying my database wasn't utf8
Not sure why this was suddenly a problem as have used and upgraded from v3
I ran a few sql statements to change the tables and db to utf8 and then the upgrade ran without any errors.

There are a few similar posts around the web with the same issue but no one has answered the posts or solved.
OTRS works fine, i can do everything I could do before the upgrade. No issue there.
I just cannot save any settings
Oh - I also ran the permissions script as well

These are the messages I get when I try to apply the settings

TIME PRIORITY FACILITY MESSAGE
Thu Aug 15 12:17:02 2019 (Europe/London) error OTRS-CGI-10 Could not create a modified setting version for Ticket::Type::Default! Rolling back.
Thu Aug 15 12:17:02 2019 (Europe/London) error OTRS-CGI-10 Need DefaultVersionID!
Thu Aug 15 12:16:32 2019 (Europe/London) error OTRS-CGI-10 Can't locate Kernel/System/Stats/Static/FAQAccess.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::System::Stats::Static::FAQAccess module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 82.

jbaptiste
OTRS expert

Post by jbaptiste » 16 Aug 2019, 04:14

Did you follow the upgrade manual ?

You cannot directly copy XML configuration files to the new OTRS 6 install because XML schema and file location has changed, theny need to be migraded to the new version and put on the right location, and that is one of the steps mentioned in the upgrade instructions that you need to do.

You should start over from a backup following the upgrade manual.
Want to run OTRS on docker ? checkout my OTRS on docker HOWTO | Project's github page

pstanbra
OTRS newbie

Post by pstanbra » 16 Aug 2019, 08:48

Yes that's exactly the page i followed except the rpm bit as am on debian

jbaptiste
OTRS expert

Post by jbaptiste » 16 Aug 2019, 15:47

Well you were not very specific with the steps you described you did, based on that information, your upgrade process was not done correctly, but if you say that you *really* did follow those instructions step by step, then good luck fixing it.