500.19 error

Moderator: crythias

Trido
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.11

500.19 error

Post by Trido »

Hi. I had a fresh install of Server 2008 R2, installed SQL Express 2008 R2, ActivePerl 32 bit and installed OTRS (On to IIS. OTRS version 3.2.11 with ITSM, FAQ and Survery installed) manually since the Windows installer was horrid. It was working fine until this afternoon. The only change I made was to install WSUS on this server as well. I chose to install it on a different site in IIS and WSUS had its default HTTP Port as 8530. OTRS is still sitting there on Port 80. The Default Website has been turned off. The error I am getting is as follows:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information

Module
DynamicCompressionModule

Notification
SendResponse

Handler
StaticFile

Error Code
0x8007007e

Requested URL
http://server.domain.local:80/

Physical Path
C:\otrs

Logon Method
Anonymous

Logon User
Anonymous

Now I assume that it was WSUS that broke it since I hadn't touched the server all day and it was working fine this morning. I don't know where to look though. Only Errors or Warnings in the Event Viewer are related to WSUS and are just because it hasn't synchronised yet nor has any client computers contacting it. I literally installed it an hour ago.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? The error is not that helpful because it isn't a proper application so doesn't have a .config file to my knowledge unless IIS generated one.
Trido
Znuny newbie

Re: 500.19 error

Post by Trido »

No one has anything?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

The error code is indicative of a module unable to be found.

More information would likely be in your web server logs or otrs.log

Internal Server Errors are more related to something IIS cannot handle rather than specifically OTRS related, though misconfiguration or bad paths might be relevant.

Many of us are using Linux, and since you did this manually, it's not as if it's "oh, this is a known issue."
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
mfrede
Znuny newbie
Company: Council Rock School District

Post by mfrede »

I am an OTRS newbie, so no help there. But I do know a little about IIS. Have you looked at your application pools, more importantly, the permissions on the pools? If those aren't just right, IIS, like most Microsoft products, will give you an error that is technically correct, but pretty useless.....just my two cents..
vivektj
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.2

Post by vivektj »

I had this same problem today.

solution to this problem is to run this executable with the following parameters:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

Thanks to sharon for this solution. Reason for the error is explained on the website below.
http://www.system-center.me/miscellaneo ... -wsus-x64/

Cheers!!!