Moderator: crythias

IXLabs
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.2
Company: IXLabs

Link SLA to Criticality

Post by IXLabs »

Hi Folks.

im looking for this option, but there isnt.
I want to know if its possible to link a Criticality to a SLA (not service to criticality).
I mean, if someone has a computer failure, it is a critical ticket, so the SLA must change to get accomodated to a faster response time.
I think its the same the people here are asking for.

Thanks!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Link SLA to Criticality

Post by crythias »

I think (this is just my point of view) that linking priority to SLA or SLA to Criticality is not intended because of the cost associated with increasing the SLA just because this ticket's issue is "more important".

There is an urgency associated with the type of service to be performed, but there is also the real point of an agreed upon time to complete any ticket, even if the ticket is more important than another.

A priority doesn't have a time associated with it, but an SLA does. If your SLA is 9 days, and you haven't completed the ticket by day 8, the priority is now really high to get it done, but the SLA doesn't change.

Likewise, the Criticality may be important, and even if internally you need to get it done faster, your SLA is still the SLA. Even if you *want* or "have" to get this taken care of faster, unless it honestly changes your SLA, you don't want to short-change yourself by shortening the time you have to have this done, especially if it means that you could accidentally go over the SLA in the process of addressing the ticket.

Your business model may think otherwise, however. If there is a cost associated with the SLA being breached, it's better to not shorten it unless that is the agreement.

Again, personal opinion expressed here.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
IXLabs
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.2
Company: IXLabs

Re: Link SLA to Criticality [SOLVED]

Post by IXLabs »

Hi .

Yup, your argumentation sound ok, but the real problem in a bunch of companies are other: They have a SLA, but if the urgency of the ticket must be raised to Critical, the SLA changes. Also, there is a lot of companies that are selling support services, and depending on the criticality of the ticket, they have different SLA (For example, with BMC Service Desk Express i did it).

Finally i did it using the GenericAgent: Every 10 minuts it scan for tickets with Criticality: Critical, if yes, it changes the SLA to another called VIP. Not very elegant but working.
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

They have a SLA, but if the urgency of the ticket must be raised to Critical, the SLA changes
And still you are with crythias. This is about another SLA, not the same.
It is one thing to have a look at a tickets criticality and another one to look at the left time to close the ticket successfully.

I´d rather scan for tickets 20% before close time, unlocked, unassigned and inform every agent who has lock permission on the ticket (or whichever). A teamleader should take care of this.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Another point (and this is up to how you work SLA): It may cost the *customer* more money to change the SLA for a given ticket. So if the SLA is in the hands of the customer to change, the customer may (possibly) not appreciate being upcharged just because you changed it on her.

(May not apply to you, but this is a possibility in case others are wondering "why not?")
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask