Moderator: crythias

Roy
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.2
Company: ST Pvt Ltd

Agent as well the Cx does not receiving mail

Post by Roy »

Hi,

I'm Roy (a newbie to OTRS). According to the manual I had performed the installation of OTRS under Windows Server R2 2008. Below I will brief what I performed step by step:

1. Created Agent.
2. Created a group (Support) for agents.
3. Managed Agent-Group relation.
4. I configured SMTP & POP3.
5. I created queue.
6. Created Cx
7. Created Responses & Auto response for queue.
8. Configured Notification setting under Ticket Settings.

These are the things I performed in my OTRS installation.

Email settings is as below:

SMTPS
smtp.xxx.com
abc@xyz.com
passwd

POP3S
abc@xyz.com
passwd
pop.xxx.com
Selected the proper queue

The issue I'm facing with is that when a cx sends a ticket from the Cx portal he receives ack from the Support team, however, neither the agent nor the Cx receives mail about the ticket notification. I think there was some mistake from my part while configuring the mail part.

Could you please guide me to the step by step installation & Configuration of everything in OTRS under Windows?

I would be great if anyone could help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Roy
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Agent as well the Cx does not receiving mail

Post by CSL »

Hi,

It's a bit difficult to see where you're problem is from your description, I take that Cx is a customer that you've added?

If so, you're asking why your agent hasn't' received a new ticket notification when the customer created a new ticket in a queue? They need to have this enabled in their preferences and have the queue added to their 'my queues' list, and the notification needs to be enabled in the admin section.

You say "when a cx sends a ticket from the Cx portal he receives ack from the Support team", but you also say "neither the agent nor the Cx receives mail about the ticket notification", so I'm not sure if Cx got an email reply or not? The customer will get an auto-reply if that is enabled for the queue. They won't get a 'new ticket notification' because that is only for agents (to tell them to go pick the ticket up).
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL