Tickets marked closed not appearing in Closed Tab

Moderator: crythias

Jawad123
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Tickets marked closed not appearing in Closed Tab

Post by Jawad123 »

Hi to All,

I have a serious problem while working on OTRS Help Desk System.Issue is that I have created a state "Closed" with same state type "Closed" Now while agents mark Tickets closed its still appearing in "Open" tab and not appearing in "CLOSED" tab of Status View neither in Customer Portal Tickets Tab.

Agents marks tickets closed in ticket compose screen and its they appear in open tab with state closed.

Please please if anyone can help me out I will be very thankful and waiting to quick response.

You Guys doing great Job and I will be very thankful for this support.
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Tickets marked closed not appearing in Closed Tab

Post by CSL »

I'm not sure why you would need to have done this? Surely the in-built 'Closed' state is exactly the same as this?

Is the state type of Closed set to "Closed" (with a capitol C ?) If so, change it to "closed" (lower case C) and check to see if that works.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL
Jawad123
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Post by Jawad123 »

Thanks,

I am now using the in built state type 'closed' but still it not works

Please advise what can i do to resolve this as I have done lots of brainstorming and couldn't find the desired result.
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by CSL »

When the 'closed' button is clicked in Ticket Status View, an SQL command that contains a line like the following is ran to retrieve the ticket list:

AND st.ticket_state_id NOT IN ( 1, 4, 6 )

This excludes all open, new, and pending states to leave only the 'closed' tickets left. If you have set your state type to 'closed' and have applied that to a ticket, it should not retrieve it as part of the results.

A new custom state called 'Closed' with state type 'closed' is basically identical to the default closed state that comes already with OTRS. I'm not sure why you'd want to replace this, and would advise that you just use the default one instead, unless you've made other changes to the states and state types?
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL