Does anyone familiar with "batch"function?

Moderator: crythias

BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

Does anyone familiar with "batch"function?

Post by BrianYin »

Today, my collage told me that he made a mistake:
he was doing search after setting the limit condition and he selected all the search result tickets , then clicked batch
all the tickets' owner changed to him and the lock state changed to locked, which is way out of control.
is that the batch function,change ticket owner without alarm?
where can i change it?
Thanks!
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Re: Does anyone familiar with "batch"function?

Post by CSL »

Yep, this is what the batch function does. It locks the ticket, sets the owner to the agent who initiated it, and then presents them with the batch options. I don't know of a way of undoing this quickly, so if he's done it by mistake, then he'll probably have to batch unlock the tickets (perform a batch operation on them again and set 'unlock tickets' to yes). From here, you agents can then re-take ownership of the ones they were working on.

You could perform a search for all tickets owned by him to see which ones still need to be assigned back again. It's a bit of a mess but is fixable; best to warn your agents what the batch function does for future reference.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL
BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

Post by BrianYin »

OK, i see, thanks
i thought if it would change the ticket owner it should warn the operator first...
i will email all the agents this batch function
thanks again
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx
CSL
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Post by CSL »

You can change this by going into sysconfig:

Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewBulk

You can set:
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketBulk###RequiredLock

To 'No' so that it won't automatically lock the tickets. Only thing is then that an agent performing bulk actions on tickets won't have them automatically set as belonging to them, and would need to be manually assigned instead.
Backend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Apache, MySQL with replication
Frontend: OTRS 3.0.11 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with SELinux, Apache SSL