Moderator: crythias

Jordi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.8
Company: UNIGESTION

Crontab.txt is empty

Post by Jordi »

Hello,

I installed OTRS 3.0.8 on my windows 7 (x64), for a demo to my society. I can check the mailbox manualy but the schedule (10 mn) doesn’t work. My file crontab.txt is empty.
I tried the command perl.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\OTRS\otrs\bin\otrs.Cron4Win32.pl", but the file is recreated empty…
How can I do?
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards,
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Re: Crontab.txt is empty

Post by ferrosti »

This is well described in the manual.
I am sure you only have *.dist files in your $HOME/var/cron directory, missing your own ones without .dist .
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
Jordi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.8
Company: UNIGESTION

Post by Jordi »

Yes I have only *.dist files in the C:\OTRS\OTRS\var\cron directory. For solve my problem, I installed OTRS 3.0.7. With this version I have the right Crontab.txt. So I copied it and past in my 3.0.8 installation and it's work.
So I think it's a problem with this version 3.0.8.
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

crontab.txt should be created by the program you have described in your first post.
You need to have cron files depending on the .dist cron files in the same directory to get otrs.Cron4Win32.pl to work. .dist are example files. Copy cache.dist to cache, change it to your needs and otrs.Cron4Win32.pl will take this file and update Crontab.txt as desired.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

ferrosti wrote:crontab.txt should be created by the program you have described in your first post.
You need to have cron files depending on the .dist cron files in the same directory to get otrs.Cron4Win32.pl to work. .dist are example files. Copy cache.dist to cache, change it to your needs and otrs.Cron4Win32.pl will take this file and update Crontab.txt as desired.
There's an issue with otrs.Cron4Win32.pl in OTRS 3.0.8, it will be fixed in OTRS 3.0.9. You can replace it with this version: http://source.otrs.org/viewvc.cgi/otrs/ ... ortby=date

Cron4Win32 will, unlike on Linux, work with the .dist files. If you want to have different settings, change the .dist files and re-generate the crontab.txt.
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
gumboot
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.9

Post by gumboot »

I have just Flagged my crontab.txt as Read Only which seems to be taking care of it being deleted during a restart.

Cheers
OTRS 3.0.9 on Ubuntu with MySQL database. Active Directory for Authentication