Webservice: Search ID Customer by mobile phone

Moderator: crythias

sicurlock
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.23
Company: Sicurlock

Webservice: Search ID Customer by mobile phone

Post by sicurlock »

I am joining the call platform and OTRS and I have managed to correctly implement the automatic ticket creation with the calls but what I really need is to be able to link the customer to the ticket and I only have the phone from which he calls. I had thought to look up the customer ID using the phone number you are calling from but I think the webservice is limited to that level or I don't know exactly how it should be done. I use the call to nph-genericinterface.pl for the ticket creation. I don't know if there is a similar method or other option to localice the ID customer. Can someone who has more ideas than me help me find a possible solution? Thank you
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Webservice: Search ID Customer by mobile phone

Post by root »

Hi,

Do you have a working customer user configuration in your OTRS? If yes, then use the configured values of the field CustomerKey and assign it during ticket creation via the Generic Interface to the parameter CustomerUser.

TLDR: you have to look up the CustomerKey with the phonee number.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
sicurlock
Znuny newbie

Post by sicurlock »

Thank you for quick reply.

That is precisely the problem. I know that is possible assign a CustomerUser to new ticket and I think that have to use the ID of CustomerUser but I don't see that there is an option using nph-genericinterface.pl to search the CustomerUser ID through their phone. Or yes?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

sicurlock wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 12:33 Thank you for quick reply.

That is precisely the problem. I know that is possible assign a CustomerUser to new ticket and I think that have to use the ID of CustomerUser but I don't see that there is an option using nph-genericinterface.pl to search the CustomerUser ID through their phone. Or yes?
Hi,

You're right. There is not such an option, not for customer users at all. Just ticket operations.
I am right that you have a custom application which only provides the phone number of the caller? If yes, why don't you look up the customer user in the same way like OTRS?

Which CustomerUser backends do you use in OTRS?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
sicurlock
Znuny newbie

Post by sicurlock »

Yes, I thought of using a centralized directory server for clients as LDAP or similar.

At the moment, due we do not use the customer portal, I have changed the logins name of customerusers for their phone number and it works using CustomerUser key instead of CustomerUserID key when create the ticket.

Thank you for your time.