Moderator: crythias

quadrivium
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.10
Company: Quadrivium

Performing the update from 6.x to 6.0.27

Post by quadrivium »

Hello,
I'm trying to update from my 6.0.10 to the latest one 6.0.27, I've tried the script from Rick

https://gist.github.com/meisterheister/ ... 0e96221916

That sent me but it says there're not present files ZZZAuto.pm and ZZZProcessManagement.pm . I was wondering, is there a simple way I can update it? I don't know what kind of installation has been done before (I know it was initially 3 , migrated to 5 and so on...running from 2013), so I don't know what has been done in the years. How can I install those 2 packages before updating? A solution where I start from a new otrs folder under /opt/otrs is possible? and it just updates the DB?

Thanks in advance
Paolo
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Performing the update from 6.x to 6.0.27

Post by zzz »

Hello Paolo,

Just by looking at the code, it looks like that's not a generic update script.
It also does some custom stuff so you should not use it.

Updating is pretty easy and is well documented.
You can update your packages afterward in the package manager.

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

Hello,
I've arrived till the DBUpdate-to-6.pl but I got this error

Code: Select all

Message: Can't locate Kernel/Config/Backups/ZZZAutoOTRS5.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoOTRS5 module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Main.pm line 85.

Traceback (10396):
   Module: Kernel::System::SysConfig::Migration::MigrateConfigEffectiveValues Line: 1601
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::MigrateConfigEffectiveValues::Run Line: 59
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::_ExecuteComponent Line: 157
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::Run Line: 69
   Module: scripts/DBUpdate-to-6.pl Line: 87

Can't locate object method "Load" via package "Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoOTRS5" (perhaps you forgot to load "Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoOTRS5"?) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/SysConfig/Migration.pm line 1602.
I'm migrating from 6.0.10 don't know why it looks for ZZZAutoOTRS5.pm file, any suggestion?

Thanks
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

I've copied it from my old version....

Now I get this ...seems related to FAQ

ERROR: OTRS-CGI-10 Perl: 5.24.1 OS: linux Time: Tue Mar 31 07:28:44 2020

Message: Could not load class Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::FAQ.

RemoteAddress: 10.99.3.29
 RequestURI: /otrs/index.pl

Traceback (1328):
   Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::new Line: 438
   Module: Kernel::System::ObjectManager::_ObjectBuild Line: 306
   Module: Kernel::System::ObjectManager::Get Line: 200
   Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run Line: 808
   Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler Line: 38
   Module: (eval) (v1.99) Line: 207
   Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run (v1.99) Line: 207
   Module: ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler (v1.99) Line: 173
   Module: ModPerl::Registry::handler (v1.99) Line: 32

[Tue Mar 31 07:28:44.840604 2020] [:error] [pid 1328:tid 3014929216] [Tue Mar 31 07:28:44 2020] -e: Could not load class Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::FAQ. at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm line 1005.\n

wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

you should (must) not use old .pm files for updating.
Please restore to your original setting and try the update without the script, but use the official documentation.

For me it seems, you restored the ZZZAAuto.pm before the update. You must not do this on OTRS6 patch update.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

Hello,
Now I've not used the script, just followed the istruction, but still got stucked....now after having removed the FAQ module using Console.pl it loads but I recevive a lot of 404 for js and css....

for the ZZZAuto.pm I've not it in the new installation, (taken from the .27.tar.gz package), so I had to copy it from the backup
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

You’ve missed out the last step.
After the installation, you have to reinstall the FAQ Module in the admin area to remove the error.
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

ok, the FAQ step was not necessary, so I just removed it...
Thanks
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,
quadrivium wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 10:21 (...)
for the ZZZAuto.pm I've not it in the new installation, (taken from the .27.tar.gz package), so I had to copy it from the backup
For version 6 the restore of ZZZAuto.pm is not in the documentation. So I wonder why you do not follow the steps of the documentation.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

because if I not restored it, the whole process exit.. I was receiving an error of missing file...as I told you before this installation has been updated in previous year by a colleague that doesn't work here anymore , so I don't know what he has done to upgrade from 3.x to 6.0.10...
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

I've reverted the VM snapshot and redone everything without putting the ZZZAuto, here's the log

root@otrs:/opt/otrs# su -c "scripts/DBUpdate-to-6.pl" -s /bin/bash otrs

Migration started ...

Checking requirements ...

Requirement check for: Check framework version ...
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm in @INC (you may need to install th                                                                                                                                                             e Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZAAuto module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/                                                                                                                                                             otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24                                                                                                                                                             .1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/pe                                                                                                                                                             rl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_p                                                                                                                                                             erl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm li                                                                                                                                                             ne 1972, <DATA> line 1.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZACL.pm in @INC (you may need to install the                                                                                                                                                              Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZACL module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs                                                                                                                                                             /Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /                                                                                                                                                             usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 1                                                                                                                                                             972, <DATA> line 1.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZProcessManagement.pm in @INC (you may need t                                                                                                                                                             o install the Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZProcessManagement module) (@INC contains                                                                                                                                                             : /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/                                                                                                                                                             i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/                                                                                                                                                             perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.                                                                                                                                                             24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kern                                                                                                                                                             el/Config/Defaults.pm line 1972, <DATA> line 1.
    Requirement check for: Check required Perl version ...
    Requirement check for: Check required database version ...
    Requirement check for: Check database charset ...
    Requirement check for: Check required Perl modules ...
    Requirement check for: Check if database has been backed up ...

Did you backup the database? [Y]es/[N]o: y

Requirement check for: Upgrade database structure ...
    Requirement check for: Migrating time zone configuration ...
    Requirement check for: Update calendar appointment future tasks ...
    Requirement check for: Migrate GenericAgent jobs configuration ...
    Requirement check for: Migrate TicketAppointment rules configuration ...
    Requirement check for: Create entries in new article table ...
    Requirement check for: Migrate ArticleType in ProcessManagement Data ...
    Requirement check for: Migrate ArticleType in PostMaster filters ...

Executing tasks ...

Step 1 of 44: Check framework version ...
    Step 2 of 44: Check required Perl version ...
    Step 3 of 44: Check required database version ...
    Step 4 of 44: Check database charset ...
    Step 5 of 44: Check required Perl modules ...
    Step 6 of 44: Check installed CPAN modules for known vulnerabilities ...
Collecting all installed modules. This can take a while...
Archive-Tar (requires 2.04_01) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-Archive-Tar-2018-01
    In Perl through 5.26.2, the Archive::Tar module allows remote attackers to b                                                                                                                                                             ypass a directory-traversal protection mechanism, and overwrite arbitrary files,                                                                                                                                                              via an archive file containing a symlink and a regular file with the same name.

Affected range: <2.28

CVEs: CVE-2018-12015

References:
    https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2018-12015
    https://github.com/jib/archive-tar-new/commit/ae65651eab053fc6dc4590dbb863a2                                                                                                                                                             68215c1fc5

Archive-Zip (requires 1.59) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-Archive-Zip-2018-01
    perl-archive-zip is vulnerable to a directory traversal in Archive::Zip. It                                                                                                                                                              was found that the Archive::Zip module did not properly sanitize paths while ext                                                                                                                                                             racting zip files. An attacker able to provide a specially crafted archive for p                                                                                                                                                             rocessing could use this flaw to write or overwrite arbitrary files in the conte                                                                                                                                                             xt of the perl interpreter.

Affected range: <1.61

CVEs: CVE-2018-10860

References:
    https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2018-10860
    https://github.com/redhotpenguin/perl-Archive-Zip/pull/33

Compress-Raw-Zlib (requires 2.069) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-Compress-Raw-Zlib-2017-01
    Zlib vulnerabilities.

Affected range: <2.075
    Fixed range: >=2.075

CVEs: CVE-2016-9843, CVE-2016-9841, CVE-2016-9840, CVE-2016-9842

References:
    https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/Compress-Raw-Zlib

DBD-mysql (requires 4.041) has 2 advisories
  * CPANSA-DBD-mysql-2017-02
    The DBD::mysql module through 4.043 for Perl allows remote attackers to caus                                                                                                                                                             e a denial of service (use-after-free and application crash) or possibly have un                                                                                                                                                             specified other impact by triggering (1) certain error responses from a MySQL se                                                                                                                                                             rver or (2) a loss of a network connection to a MySQL server. The use-after-free                                                                                                                                                              defect was introduced by relying on incorrect Oracle mysql_stmt_close documenta                                                                                                                                                             tion and code examples.

Affected range: <4.044
    Fixed range: >=4.044

CVEs: CVE-2017-10788

References:
    https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/issues/120

* CPANSA-DBD-mysql-2017-01
    The DBD::mysql module through 4.043 for Perl uses the mysql_ssl=1 setting to                                                                                                                                                              mean that SSL is optional (even though this setting's documentation has a "your                                                                                                                                                              communication with the server will be encrypted" statement), which allows man-i                                                                                                                                                             n-the-middle attackers to spoof servers via a cleartext-downgrade attack, a rela                                                                                                                                                             ted issue to CVE-2015-3152.

Affected range: <4.044
    Fixed range: >=4.044

CVEs: CVE-2017-10789

References:
    https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/114

Encode (requires 2.80_01) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-Encode-2016-01
    Loading optional modules from . (current directory).

Affected range: <2.85
    Fixed range: >=2.85

CVEs: CVE-2016-1238

References:
    https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/Encode
    https://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode/pull/58/commits/12be15d64ce089154c4367                                                                                                                                                             dc1842cd0dc0993ec6

ExtUtils-MakeMaker (requires 7.10_02) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-2016-01
    Loading modules from . (current directory).

Affected range: <7.22
    Fixed range: >=7.22

References:
    https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/ExtUtils-MakeMaker
    https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/commit/3e9df17d11c                                                                                                                                                             40f2561c23ec79693c8c390e0ae88

HTTP-Tiny (requires 0.056_001) has 1 advisories
  * CPANSA-HTTP-Tiny-2016-01
    Loading modules from . (current directory).

Affected range: <0.059
    Fixed range: >=0.059

References:
    https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/HTTP-Tiny
    https://github.com/chansen/p5-http-tiny/commit/b239c95ea7a256cfee9b8848f1bd4                                                                                                                                                             d1df6e66444

Total advisories found: 8

WARNING: CPAN::Audit reported that one or more installed CPAN modules have k                                                                                                                                                             nown vulnerabilities (see above). Please note that there might be false positive                                                                                                                                                             s for distributions patching Perl modules without changing their version number.

Step 7 of 44: Check if database has been backed up ...
    Step 8 of 44: Upgrade database structure ...
    Step 9 of 44: Migrate configuration ...
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm in @INC (you may need to install th                                                                                                                                                             e Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZAAuto module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/                                                                                                                                                             otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24                                                                                                                                                             .1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/pe                                                                                                                                                             rl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_p                                                                                                                                                             erl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm li                                                                                                                                                             ne 1972.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZACL.pm in @INC (you may need to install the                                                                                                                                                              Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZACL module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs                                                                                                                                                             /Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /                                                                                                                                                             usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 1                                                                                                                                                             972.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZProcessManagement.pm in @INC (you may need t                                                                                                                                                             o install the Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZProcessManagement module) (@INC contains                                                                                                                                                             : /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/                                                                                                                                                             i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/                                                                                                                                                             perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.                                                                                                                                                             24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kern                                                                                                                                                             el/Config/Defaults.pm line 1972.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm in @INC (you may need to install th                                                                                                                                                             e Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZAAuto module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/                                                                                                                                                             otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24                                                                                                                                                             .1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/pe                                                                                                                                                             rl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_p                                                                                                                                                             erl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm li                                                                                                                                                             ne 1972.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZACL.pm in @INC (you may need to install the                                                                                                                                                              Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZACL module) (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs                                                                                                                                                             /Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /                                                                                                                                                             usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl                                                                                                                                                              /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 1                                                                                                                                                             972.
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZProcessManagement.pm in @INC (you may need t                                                                                                                                                             o install the Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZProcessManagement module) (@INC contains                                                                                                                                                             : /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/                                                                                                                                                             i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/                                                                                                                                                             perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.                                                                                                                                                             24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kern                                                                                                                                                             el/Config/Defaults.pm line 1972.
ERROR: OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Dev::Code::CPANAudit-10 Perl: 5.24.1 OS: linux Time:                                                                                                                                                              Mon Mar 30 17:22:56 2020

Message: Can't locate Kernel/Config/Backups/ZZZAutoOTRS5.pm in @INC (you may ne                                                                                                                                                             ed to install the Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoOTRS5 module) (@INC contains:                                                                                                                                                              /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/i3                                                                                                                                                             86-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pe                                                                                                                                                             rl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24                                                                                                                                                              /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/otrs/Kernel                                                                                                                                                             /System/Main.pm line 85.

Traceback (4295):
   Module: Kernel::System::SysConfig::Migration::MigrateConfigEffectiveValues Li                                                                                                                                                             ne: 1601
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::MigrateConfigEffectiveValues::Run Line: 59
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::_ExecuteComponent Line: 157
   Module: scripts::DBUpdateTo6::Run Line: 69
   Module: scripts/DBUpdate-to-6.pl Line: 87

Can't locate object method "Load" via package "Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoO                                                                                                                                                             TRS5" (perhaps you forgot to load "Kernel::Config::Backups::ZZZAutoOTRS5"?) at /                                                                                                                                                             opt/otrs/Kernel/System/SysConfig/Migration.pm line 1602.
root@otrs:/opt/otrs#
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

*edit* wrong post - read the next :-)
Last edited by wurzel on 31 Mar 2020, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

these messages

Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm in @INC (you may need to install th                                                                                                                                                             e Kernel::Config::Files::ZZZAAuto module (...)
Can't locate Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZACL.pm
should not be displayed if upgrade works correctly. I think, that you have
- an invalid or not completley perfomed previous update
- not performed the update correctly

Can you show all your commands you use to update? Starting with downloading the release please

and please show the files of

/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files
/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files/XML
and content of

/opt/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

I go here https://portal.otrs.com/external/download-center

and get the url from the button

then from shell, as root I do 

cd /opt
wget http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/otrs-6.0.27.tar.gz
/etc/init.d/cron stop
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop

cd /opt/otrs/
bin/Cron.sh stop otrs
su -c "bin/otrs.Daemon.pl stop" -s /bin/bash otrs

cp Kernel/Config.pm /tmp/Config.pm
cd var
mkdir /tmp/var
cp -avpr . /tmp/var

Step 3 

cd/opt
mv otrs otrs-old
bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl

----- I've stopped here before doing DBUpdate-to-6.pl ---------
HERE are the CONTENTS

root@otrs:/opt/otrs# ls /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files
XML

root@otrs:/opt/otrs# ls /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files/XML
Calendar.xml       Daemon.xml     GenericInterface.xml   Ticket.xml
CloudServices.xml  Framework.xml  ProcessManagement.xml

And Config.pm

package Kernel::Config;

BEGIN {
    if (-f '/etc/otrs/database.pm') {
      require '/etc/otrs/database.pm';
      if ($dbtype eq 'pgsql') {
          $dbport ||= '5432';
          our $dsn = "DBI:Pg:dbname";
      }
      else {
          $dbport ||= '3306';
          our $dsn = "DBI:mysql:database";
      }
    }
}

sub Load {
    my $Self = shift;
    # ---------------------------------------------------- #
    #                                                      #
    #         Start of your own config options!!!          #

# database settings                                    #
    # DatabaseHost
    # (The database host.)
    $Self->{DatabaseHost} = $dbserver || 'localhost';
 # Database
    # (The database name.)
    $Self->{Database} = $dbname || 'otrs';
    # DatabaseUser
    # (The database user.)
    $Self->{DatabaseUser} = $dbuser || 'otrs';
    # DatabasePw
    # (The password of database user. You also can use bin/CryptPassword.pl
    # for crypted passwords.)
    $Self->{DatabasePw} = $dbpass;
    # DatabaseDSN
    # (The database DSN for MySQL ==> more: "man DBD::mysql")
    $Self->{DatabaseDSN} = "$dsn=$Self->{Database};host=$Self->{DatabaseHost};port=$dbport;";

# (The database DSN for PostgreSQL ==> more: "man DBD::Pg")
    # if you want to use a local socket connection
#    $Self->{DatabaseDSN} = "DBI:Pg:dbname=$Self->{Database};";
    # if you want to use a tcpip connection
#    $Self->{DatabaseDSN} = "DBI:Pg:dbname=$Self->{Database};host=$Self->{DatabaseHost};";

# fs root directory
    $Self->{Home} = '/usr/share/otrs';

# insert your own config settings "here"               #
    # config settings taken from Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm #
    # $Self->{SessionUseCookie} = 0;
    # $Self->{CheckMXRecord} = 0;

# switch off the web based installer for the Debian package
    $Self->{SecureMode} = 1;

# data inserted by installer                           #
    # $DIBI$

#           End of your own config options!!!          #
}

# needed system stuff (don't edit this)                #
use strict;
use vars qw(@ISA $VERSION);
use Kernel::Config::Defaults;
push (@ISA, 'Kernel::Config::Defaults');
$VERSION = '$Revision: 1.18 $';
$VERSION =~ s/^\$.*:\W(.*)\W.+?$/$1/;
# -----------------------------------------------------#

1;

If I try to run the DB-update-to-6.pl it tells first Can't locate Moo.pm in @INC so I use the following code to install

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Moo
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,
quadrivium wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 09:58 cp Kernel/Config.pm /tmp/Config.pm
cd var
mkdir /tmp/var
cp -avpr . /tmp/var

Step 3

cd/opt
mv otrs otrs-old
bin/otrs.SetPermissions.pl
you did not follow the steps from the docs. :(
Sorry, I can not help you here

The content of your folders of your working otrs would be very interesting.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

Excuse me but those steps are only related to

Step 2: Backup files and database
Kernel/Config.pm

Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAuto.pm, if updating from OTRS 5

var/*

as well as the database
The content of my otrs folder is the content taken from the tar.gz since I unpacked and renamed it

I think that the problem resides on the DB.... since the code in the /opt/otrs is the new one.

Excuse me but is there a way I can export everything and restore to a newly installation? or can I check if the db is currently aligned to the latest version?
quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

ok, I've discovered what the hell happened, and please excuse me if I disturbed you so much.

Comparing the Config.pm I've noticed that in my current installation it points to /usr/share/otrs and the folder that I had in /opt/otrs was a link to that folder... I've corrected the entry for

$Self->{Home} = '/opt/otrs';
and it worked the update. Is there a version in the UI I can check if it's current version? my last question, where should I place those setting so that it won't be overwritten every time I perform an update?

Thanks in advance
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

de-install otrs package from your distribution (if installed) and use the offical tar.gz

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

quadrivium
Znuny newbie

Post by quadrivium »

I've removed that folder with rm -r , don't know from where it has been installed, now I'm tring to update all the security issue that has been found while updating

Where's the best place to store connection information so they won't be overwritten when a minor update appears?

Thanks
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

I really would ask someone who knows linux.
Ask your admin who is responsible for backup.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)