Moderator: crythias

flippertom
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.16

Postmaster filters when using procmail

Post by flippertom »

Hello,

We are using OTRS 5.
We're currently using fetchmail but are thinking of switching to ticket creation via procmail.
With a lot of help from users on this forum I was finally able to get the ticket creation via procmail working.
But now I'm stuck at the postmaster filters. With fetchmail we have about 600 mail filters to sort emails based on various rules.
How to get all these postmaster filters to work when using procmail?

Regards,
Tom.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Postmaster filters when using procmail

Post by root »

Hi,

You can still using the existing PostMaster Filter. Filtering with .procmailrc is an additional possibility. I would only consider if you're grown up with procmail ;-)

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
flippertom
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.16

Post by flippertom »

root wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 16:55 Hi,

You can still using the existing PostMaster Filter. Filtering with .procmailrc is an additional possibility. I would only consider if you're grown up with procmail ;-)

- Roy
Hello Roy,

OK, understood. Thank you for that. I was doing something wrong earlier. Got it to work now.
But the mailbox<->queue mapping which is done in the 'Postmaster mail account' section still needs to be done in the .procmailrc file, right?

Regards,
Tom.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

flippertom wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 11:12 But the mailbox<->queue mapping which is done in the 'Postmaster mail account' section still needs to be done in the .procmailrc file, right?
Hi,

No, as long as you have a system address for every e-mail address you can maintain there the destination queue:
2020-02-07 at 2.33 PM.png
- Roy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?