Moderator: crythias

tamassallai
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.23

Attachment issues with customer user.

Post by tamassallai »

Greetings!

I am using OTRS 6.0.23

I have encountered an issue, where I'm unable to attach files on the customer user interface and through API requests. On attaching a file, it seems the file is uploaded, but there is no trace of this file in the customer user interface nor in the OTRS interface. In the file upload section, I can see the file name, a load bar, but I can't see the size of the file.

The problem is only present with the customer user interface and the API.
I can attach files when making a new article, moving a ticket, or creating a new phone ticket with an agent. (when uploading a file this way, I still can't see the size of the file.)
I don't think its a permission issue either, I gave admin rights to the customer user, and I can send tickets with attachments trough email.

Daemon restart doesn't seem to fix the issue and there is no relevant information about this in system logs (debug mode).

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Please help me investigate the problem.

best regards
OTRS Community Edition 6.0.23
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Attachment issues with customer user.

Post by zzz »

Hey,

What does the error log of your webserver say?

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
tamassallai
Znuny newbie

Post by tamassallai »

The logs are the following:

New Ticket [2020020682000081/TicketTitle] created (TicketID=2184,Queue=MyQueue,Priority=3 normal,State=new)

Queued email to '"MyCustomerUser" <MyCustomerUser@gmail.com>' from 'Help Desk <otrs@mycompany.hu>'. HistoryType => SendAutoReply, Subject => [Ticket#2020020682000081] RE: TicketTitle;

Sent auto response (SendAutoReply) for Ticket [2020020682000081] (TicketID=2184, ArticleID=2729) to '"MyCustomerUser" <MyCustomerUser@gmail.com>'.

This is all the log I get after creating a ticket. There is no error message at all.

Here is one of my tickets with attachment.
Article 1, this is the original message is sent with an article from the customer user interface but as you can see there is no attachment
Article 2, AutoReply
Article 3 is another try from the customer user to update his ticket with an attachment but again OTRS didn't receive any file.
Article 4 is my try to create a new article with an attachment as an agent with success.

root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

More interesting: what's your effective web server configuration? Is a reverse proxy in between?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
tamassallai
Znuny newbie

Post by tamassallai »

Sorry for the late reply.

In my understanding, there isn't any proxy setup but I wasn't the one who set up the system, and i have access only to the frontend interface with super admin. I was hoping that there is some configuration in sysconfig that I can enable or change but I couldn't find anything relevant to my problem.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

tamassallai wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 11:22 Sorry for the late reply.

In my understanding, there isn't any proxy setup but I wasn't the one who set up the system, and i have access only to the frontend interface with super admin. I was hoping that there is some configuration in sysconfig that I can enable or change but I couldn't find anything relevant to my problem.
Hi,

The show us you web server access and error logs for the time you try to add an attachment.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

tamassallai wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 11:22 Sorry for the late reply.

You'll, unfortunately, have no luck solving your problem in OTRS.
You should, as mentioned in my first post, try to get access to the error log of the web server as well as the log of mod security.

You're probably better off googling for your problem as it's not a direct OTRS issue.

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
tamassallai
Znuny newbie

Post by tamassallai »

I couldn't figure out why his problem occurred, but after a config rebuild its working fine now.