Some emails not fetched on OTRS 6.0.20

Moderator: crythias

pnchimbi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.20

Some emails not fetched on OTRS 6.0.20

Post by pnchimbi »

Hi All,

We are experiencing a strange problem ever since we installed OTRS 6. Some emails are not fetched by OTRS or they are fetched but don't appear in the respective queue or any other queue for that matter, even checked the default queues such as RAW and the sender does not receive the auto-response email. Not all emails, it seems to be random.

At first I thought it was the body content of the email and it's somehow being flagged(by the way, there are no PostMaster Filters), but when i copy the exact same body and paste it on a new email and send to the postmaster account, it gets fetched and appears in the queue. So it can't be the body content nor the size of the email. The email does reach the postmaster account but when it's fetched by OTRS, it evaporates into thin air.

OS is CentOS 7.

If anyone can shed some light or point me in the right direction to solve this issue, would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Some emails not fetched on OTRS 6.0.20

Post by root »

Hi,

Do you have a test system or a clone of your current one? Looks like someone else is fetching the emails too.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
pnchimbi
Znuny newbie

Post by pnchimbi »

Hi,

Had thought of a replica system fetching and we do have one, however, all the PostMaster accounts on the clone had already been disabled(invalid) before switching to the new system.

Furthermore, for my own peace of mind, I had disconnected the clone from the network and resent the same email, same difference, ticket gets fetched but no ticket gets created and don't see it in any queue.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

Did you see an entry in the communication log for every fetched e-mail, also for the emails where no ticket is created?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
pnchimbi
Znuny newbie

Post by pnchimbi »

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I just resend an email that doesn't generate a ticket. Attached is what i see on the communication logs. That same email, if i copy the body content and subject and paste on a new email, ticket gets generated.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

Hey,

That's the output of 'Connection'. Go to the same place and press on 'Message', please.

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
pnchimbi
Znuny newbie

Post by pnchimbi »

Morning All,

Managed to get to the root of the problem, had checked the DB and found tickets with the same queue_id already existing. This queue belonged to a different group so it was appending the existing articles. This aligns with Emin's suggestion of checking the exact message on the logs. One of the checks it goes through is the FollowUpCheck References.

I disabled the following settings;
Kernel::System::PostMaster:FollowUpCheck:References

Tickets were now getting generated in the queue.

Thanks Roy & Emin for your help!