Moderator: crythias

mkunz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.34
Company: NSSLGlobal GmbH

solved: Ticket Reply always adds creation timestamp in ticket history

Post by mkunz »

Hello,
following issue was reported from our OTRS users.
OTRS Version: 6.0.11 (also tested with 6.0.18)
I am using OS: CentOS 7.5
I am using Database: MySQL
I have this problem:
When you have a ticket with multiple conversation between customer and our agents and you click on "Reply" then choose a Reply-template, the last conversation was added below started with a timestamp:
DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm - email-address wrote:

My issue:
When we use OTRS Version 5.x the used timestamp here was always from the last email/ticket (= last timestamp).
Since upgrading to OTRS Version 6.0.x the used timestamp is now the create_timestamp from the whole ticket-number.
So: If the creation date of a ticket was already half a year old and a customer picks up one of this old ticket-mail, answers on it and an agents clicks on Reply, the old half a year old timestamp is added. This irritates the reader of the attached dialog, when he gets the ticket-mail.

I could reproduce this issue on our testserver as you can see it in the attached screenshot.
I try to find a solution on the templates, that I could change it there by changing the reply template, but I didn't find any options to change the timestamp).

Is there a change in OTRS between 5 and 6, which I missed?

Any hints appreciated!

Thank you!
Martin Kunz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mkunz on 19 Dec 2019, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Znuny 6.0.34 on CentOS 7.5
mkunz
Znuny newbie

Re: Ticket Reply always adds creation timestamp in ticket history

Post by mkunz »

No one can help me out here? :(
Would really appreciate it.
Can anyone reproduce this issue?

Regards from Germany
Martin
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

if you feel it's a bug, submit it, but also look to updating to the most recent release of otrs v6 just in case this issue has been reported and repaired.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
mkunz
Znuny newbie

Post by mkunz »

Thank you for your response,
I have tested it also with the latest release 6.0.18. Same result.
I would like to know, if someone else could reproduce this issue.
Maybe I should post it also in the German forum...
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

oh ... By the way, if you reply to the article, you're going to reply to the timestamp of the article.

So, yes, this is the same as if you hit reply on a year-old email. It would say, "On that time, a year ago, the year-old article, written at that date and time, said:"

You wouldn't expect the date/time to change to "now" if you're including the historical thread in the ticket, would you?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
mkunz
Znuny newbie

Post by mkunz »

Hi, maybe it was not clear what I mean.

I will give you an example how it looks like, when we used OTRS version 5.x. So attached you'll find an older ticket number with attached history on OTRS Version 5.x (before Upgrading to 6.0.x).
As you can see, the the creation date of the ticket number differs from the email date. Our Agents answers here at 10/24/2017 16:22 and the maildialog is from 18.10.2017 11:50, but the ticket was created 3 months earlier.

This behaviour has now been changed in OTRS 6.0.x: The "email date" would have been the same as the "creation date".
Screenshot-OTRS-Issue2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanielBaehr
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.23

Post by DanielBaehr »

crythias wrote: 13 May 2019, 23:19 oh ... By the way, if you reply to the article, you're going to reply to the timestamp of the article.
With OTRS 6 the reply uses by default the creation timestamp of the ticket and not the creation timestamp of the article.
  1. Ticket created 01.12.2019 07:15
  2. Email response from customer(at)maildomain.com on 17.12.2019 11:01
  3. Reply to this customer email/article adds: "01.12.2019 07:15 - customer(at)maildomain.com wrote:"
I was looking for a workaround for the same issue and the solution has been posted in here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40149#p162553

Go to SysConfig - Ticket::Frontend::ResponseFormat and change:
[% Data.Created | Localize("TimeShort") %] - [% Data.OrigFromName | html %] [% Translate("wrote") | html %]:
to
[% Data.CreateTime | Localize("TimeShort") %] - [% Data.OrigFromName | html %] [% Translate("wrote") | html %]:

After applying the SysConfig change a new reply to this customer email/article adds correctly: "17.12.2019 11:01 - customer(at)maildomain.com wrote:"
mkunz
Znuny newbie

Post by mkunz »

Thanks for sharing the solution.
I forgot to set this as solved as I got the solution about 4 weeks ago.