GPDR

Moderator: crythias

jmjoussein
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.28

GPDR

Post by jmjoussein »

Hi,
European GPDR make us delete customers and agents who are no longer in the company.

But in the documentation i find : Warning:Customers can not be deleted from the system. They can only be deactivated by setting theValidityoption toinvalidorinvalid-temporarily.

So OTRS is not gpdr compliant, do you plan to correct it ?

regards.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: GPDR

Post by wurzel »

Hi,
jmjoussein wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 11:29 European GPDR make us delete customers and agents who are no longer in the company.
This is not GPDR. Deletion is not always mandatory. There are rules to be followed. Deleting, restricting access or more.
But in the documentation i find : Warning:Customers can not be deleted from the system. They can only be deactivated by setting theValidityoption toinvalidorinvalid-temporarily.

So OTRS is not gpdr compliant, do you plan to correct it ?
The documentation is right. In the meaning of "deletion" the application can not do it. The application itself can be made GDPR compliant. Not in an vanilla installation, but with additional know how.

In any case you can delete the customer_user table record. But this alone will not help you for GDPR compliance.

Flo

For the question: "do you plan to correct it"?
This is a community forum. You might ask in the developpers area or add your valueable code to the git repo.

For the commercial OTRS you have to ask the vendor.

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
jmjoussein
Znuny newbie

Post by jmjoussein »

i am not agree, credentials are personal data, you must delete them when peoples are no longer in the company.

Deactivate is not enough.

So, where can i find the "additional know how", because i think just deleting customer_user table records are not a good idea for guaranting OTRS work find.?

regards
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

you should contact your data privacy officer to get some more details. There is no written down need to delete data directly as there might be other rules restricting deletion.

Also anonymisation is possible.

We are currently working on some more enhancements for OTRS for the GDPR
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

Hey,

If you're just up to getting rid of the old agents, you can simply change their names to something anonymous and set them to invalid.

But you should definitely not delete something directly from the database (especially not agents).

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
jmjoussein
Znuny newbie

Post by jmjoussein »

Yes anonymization is an acceptable solution for the GPDR. But need a manual job.
I think OTRS should do a real ldap or sql synchronization.

:( :(

regards.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

if you need some details on possible solutions you can contact the company behind OTRS (www.otrs.com)

If you are really using OTRS 5.0.28 you already do not comply to the GDPR as it is not the latest patchlevel.
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com