Giving permission to one user to add a category

Moderator: crythias

skilled
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.16

Giving permission to one user to add a category

Post by skilled »

hello All,

is there any possibility to give permissions to one user to add a category under FAQ without giving him admin permissions?
I tried to check if there is an option under:
Frontend->admin->ModuleRegistration

But I did not find any setting for this feature.

Any tips, please?

Thanks
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: Giving permission to one user to add a category

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

should be possible. Use another admin group and add it to the sysconfig > module registrations.
add the user in this group.

test it first!

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
skilled
Znuny newbie

Post by skilled »

wurzel wrote: 14 May 2019, 14:34 Hi,

should be possible. Use another admin group and add it to the sysconfig > module registrations.
add the user in this group.

test it first!

Florian
Hi Florian

thanks for your reply.
the point is, there are no configurations for FAQ (category management) in Module registration to add this group to it. I checked it already, but I did not find the correct module for FAQ (category management)
The user should be able to see category management then he could add one category to the FAQ.
I am looking to this option if it is available in OTRS.
skilled
Znuny newbie

Post by skilled »

I found the option under :
System Configuration->Frontend->Agent->ModuleRegistration->Frontend::Module###AgentFAQCategory
If I changed the group here from admin to 2 groups(users,users2), so I could not find any more category management in FAQ, that's mean this option it should be responsible about category management. But what I noticed after I change the group from admin to 2 groups (users, users2) the user still not be able to see category management, but if I add this user to admin group then he could see category management.

to be able to have category management, the user should be in the admin group although the admin group in this Module not added as I described above.
It is strange to me.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks
skilled
Znuny newbie

Post by skilled »

I read in the doc of FAQ that the user has to be in the admin group until he could create a category:

That's mean, the user in another group couldn't be able to create a category, right?