sovled: could not sending Emails using SMTP

Moderator: crythias

skilled
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.16

sovled: could not sending Emails using SMTP

Post by skilled »

Hello,

I had a problem with sending email from otrs 6.
I am using SMTP to send the emails. I got this error:
error OTRS-otrs.Console.pl-Maint::Email::MailQueue-28 There was an error executing Execute() in Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::Email::MailQueue: Error: Message sending already in progress! Skipping...

I could receive the emails.
Then I tried to run this script: (as otrs user)
perl otrs.Console.pl Maint::Email::MailQueue
I got a long list of emails that waited to send them.
I tried to delete all of the emails which they in the queue: (as otrs user)
perl otrs.Console.pl Maint::Email::MailQueue --delete-all.
It took a long time to delete them.

under Admin->communication log-> choose one of the sent emails, I could see this details:

1 Kernel::System::Email Building message for delivery. 02/10/2019 20:42:18 (Europe/Berlin)
2 Kernel::System::Email Queuing message for delivery. 02/10/2019 20:42:18 (Europe/Berlin)
3 Kernel::System::MailQueue Serializing and saving message (ArticleID: , Sender: otrs@yourhost.example.com, Recipient: root@localhost, MessageID: ) 02/10/2019 20:42:18 (Europe/Berlin)
4 Kernel::System::MailQueue Successfully stored message for sending. 02/10/2019 20:42:19 (Europe/Berlin)
5 Kernel::System::Email Successfully queued message for delivery (To: 'root@localhost', From: 'otrs@yourhost.example.com', Subject: 'OTRS Scheduler Daemon Cron: MailQueueSend'). 02/10/2019 20:42:19 (Europe/Berlin)

How I could follow the error, or where is the problem?

Thanks
Last edited by skilled on 20 Feb 2019, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
skilled
Znuny newbie

Re: could not sending Emails using SMTP

Post by skilled »

Are there any ideas to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance
hmdd81
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 6
Company: Autoholding Dresden

Post by hmdd81 »

I have the same problem.
Some of our agents get notification mails but some don't cause the mail is sent to root@localhost.
skilled
Znuny newbie

Post by skilled »

hmdd81 wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 16:56 I have the same problem.
Some of our agents get notification mails but some don't cause the mail is sent to root@localhost.
be sure, in Notification settings for every user, they should also choose Queue which they want to be notified if there is an Email
skilled
Znuny newbie

Re:could not sending Emails using SMTP

Post by skilled »

First: My otrs is 6.0.16 and it was migrated from otrs 6.0.7.

I solved my issue with:
I came to idea that I want to try to send E-mail from the previous version that i already had, it was otrs 6.0.7, I tried to test if I could send E-mail from this version, it was working then I migrated it to otrs 6.0.15 and I test it again if I could send E-mails using SMTP and it was working also then i did migration to otrs 6.0.16 and I test it and it is working now.
I thought first, maybe the version 6.0.16 has a bug or something like that but after I did the migration again to otrs 6.0.16 and it was working, I think the problem was in Migration step, maybe it was not correctly migrated. (i did not get before any error that the migration was not successful or something like that)

Maybe it is not a Preferred solution, but I did this, and I wanted to share it with you