Error after upgrading to OTRS 6 "Can't locate object method "new" via package..."

Moderator: crythias

LXsysadmin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.22

Error after upgrading to OTRS 6 "Can't locate object method "new" via package..."

Post by LXsysadmin »

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Kernel::System::Ticket::ArticleSearchIndex::StaticDB" at /opt/otrs//Kernel/System/ObjectManager.pm line 306.\n

After Upgrade from OTRS 5 to OTRS 6 i get such error. How to fix this?
All was done according to https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/s ... ating.html manual
kruegerM
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.0.29
Company: National Jewish Health

Re: Error after upgrading to OTRS 6 "Can't locate object method "new" via package..."

Post by kruegerM »

I'm seeing the same problem upgrading from 5.0.14 to 6.0.10

new data***

I had a successful migration from 5.0.14 to 6.0.8, so I cloned that system, then updated from 6.0.8 to 6.0.10. Now the failure is can't find Kernel\System\Ticket\ArticleSearchIndex/StaticDB.pm. I looked at the 6.0.8 directories and the subject file wasn't there either; but I had no errors happening at 6.0.8.

What happened between 6.0.8 and 6.0.10?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Error after upgrading to OTRS 6 "Can't locate object method "new" via package..."

Post by root »

Hi,

There is not StaticDB or RuntimeDB in OTRS 6 (and also not in patch level before 6.0.10). The SysConfig from OTRS 5 is converted (see scripts/DBUpdateTo6/MigrateArticleSearchIndex.pm around line 48). If your migrated system has StaticDB as a value something went wrong during the migration.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
kruegerM
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 6.0.29
Company: National Jewish Health

Post by kruegerM »

RESOLVED

PROBLEM: After migrating to 6.0.10, after logging in - I would get a system error in the browser and error_log would have an item about not being able to find Kernel\System\Ticket\ArticleSearchIndex/StaticDB.pm.

SOLVED: After logging in, I updated URL to .../otrs/index.pl?Action=Admin. From there I could import some SysConfig updates. At this point, the interface displayed a message about settings that needed fixed. One of those settings was Ticket::SearchIndexModule which was set to Kernel::System::Ticket::ArticleSearchIndex::StaticDB. Once I corrected from 'StaticDB' to 'DB' (only possible setting) and deployed the update - all works just fine.