Unable to grant read-only access to queue

Moderator: crythias

Mothra
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.2.11

Unable to grant read-only access to queue

Post by Mothra »

Here's a strange one - I have an agent who only wants read-only access to a single queue; so I set up a new role that only has the "ro" box check, and then add that agent to the new role.

But when I log in as that user, the dashboard is empty - no tickets and the parentheses that should indicate how many tickets there are don't even have a '0' in them. The Ticket Queue View is also empty.

If I change the role to 'rw', then this user can see all the ticket, but then he can also change them. Removing just the 'rw' flag again (but leaving all of the other permissions suich as 'owner', move into' etc) breaks it.

Can anyone help?
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Re: Unable to grant read-only access to queue

Post by Mothra »

Seems that this is a bug - Status View and Escalation View both show tickets as you would expect. Dashboard and Queue View show nothing, despite the user having chosen queues in their "My Queues" preferences.
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Queue View and Dashboard are designed for RW permission, so this is not a bug..
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

jojo wrote:Queue View and Dashboard are designed for RW permission, so this is not a bug..
Ah. That's disappointing, as we have some senior managers who want to be able to log in and view various queues with no rw permissions at all. This means that their default screen will always be an empty dashboard and they will have to go to the Status View which is a far less friendly view of the tickets.

But thanks for clearing up the mystery! :-)
DanielBaehr
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.23

Post by DanielBaehr »

Since we have been faced with the same problem and found this topic, I'd like to add the solution for giving a read only user permissions to the dashboard:

SysConfig -> Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Dashboard --- change Permission from "rw" to "ro":
  • DashboardBackend###0100-TicketPendingReminder
  • DashboardBackend###0110-TicketEscalation
  • DashboardBackend###0120-TicketNew
  • DashboardBackend###0130-TicketOpen
  • DashboardBackend###0250-TicketStats
jevans
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.2
Company: Higher Information Group

Post by jevans »

I would have given them access via the client portal, and assign all the tickets to the same company (allowing them to see the company tickets)

it's a far less 'clunky' interface for their purposes.
robertk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.5

Post by robertk »

Not sure if this is a new thing since OTRS 3.3 onwards but there's a setting in Sysconfig -> Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewQueue

Change Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketQueue###ViewAllPossibleTickets from the default no to yes,

Took me a while to notice that by default to see tickets using Queue view, you need to have rw access to the queues themselves.
Production: OTRS Version 3.3.5 ITSM 3.3.5 CentOS release 6.5 MySQL 5.1
Test: OTRS Version 3.3.5 ITSM 3.3.5 CentOS release 6.5 MySQL 5.1
rvwmgk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4 Free

Post by rvwmgk »

robertk wrote:there's a setting in Sysconfig -> Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewQueue
Thanks a lot, robertk! That works like a charm!