Explore OTRS Appliance Files

Moderator: crythias

zyousafi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.5

Explore OTRS Appliance Files

Post by zyousafi »

I have searched far and wide on Google and OtterHub and I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. That probably means the answer is right in front of me and I can't see it. I want to basically put my company logo on the OTRS Customer Login Screen. I was able to navigate to Admin>SysConfig>Frontend::Customer and see the path for the image that is currently being shown; however I can't navigate to the folder where the image is and that's why I can't change the logo. There must be something very basic I am missing. I am not familiar with Linux and therefore I might just be missing a simple command; however how do I get a logo into the folder where I can simply call it on the Admin>SysConfig>Frontend::Customer page? I am using the OTRS Appliance which has been installed on VirtualBox on Windows. Can someone please help me?
nanotowers
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.18

Re: Explore OTRS Appliance Files

Post by nanotowers »

you do tried with filezilla?
OTRS: 3.1.18, OTRS::ITSM 3.1.10
Apache2/MySQL 5+

NanoTowerS
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
zyousafi
Znuny newbie

Post by zyousafi »

I have not tried with FileZilla. How would I go about doing that?
elitt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10
Company: Elitt

Post by elitt »

It is possible to connect to your OTRS server using SSH and/or SFTP. Uploading files from your PC to your server is possible with SFTP.
The simpliest way to do that is to install Filezilla on your PC, then you have to enter your server's IP address.
You can log in with the root account and password.
OTRS v5.0.10 on Fedora25 with posgreSQL 9.4.9 database
zyousafi
Znuny newbie

Post by zyousafi »

Thank you for your help elitt. I am able to connect to the machine that is hosting the OTRS Appliance; however the directory listing that is shown to me only shows one file on the entire machine. The file is called ".keymap_sv" and it is approximately 416 MB. How am I supposed to use this file and explore the OTRS Appliance files?
zyousafi
Znuny newbie

Post by zyousafi »

Can anyone help me?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

if you connected with filezilla, as root, you should be able to browse the full filesystem starting with /
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
zyousafi
Znuny newbie

Post by zyousafi »

I have attached a screenshot of what I see when I connect to OTRS via FileZilla. I can see the root folder but there is nothing in it but a folder called ".kbd" and that folder contains a file called ".keymap_sv". Apart from this there is absolutely nothing else. What am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

There are four levels of folders above the folder highlighted, and you're saying:
1) you've never clicked on "/"
or
2) the only folder that you have access to is the highlighted one.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
zyousafi
Znuny newbie

Post by zyousafi »

Damn...

Sorry about that. I am a newbie but that's bad even for a newbie. Thank you for your help everyone.