Send a different email when agent aswer

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
benoitm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.6

Send a different email when agent aswer

Post by benoitm »

Hi everyone,

I try to integrate OTRS directly on my website (without OTRS perl backend, with SOAP, PHP, MYSQL) but the task is hard ...
I need to improve OTRS running way, specially I want Customer answering ONLY thought their account on my website, not by email.

To do that, when agent answer to a customer (who have opened a ticket and written an article via his account [done :)]), I need to send a email to the customer with ONLY some polite text, and most important, with the like to my website support page (the OTRS API). In this mail, I don't want to see the answer of the agent.

Then, when the customer click on the email link, after login (not the question here) need to see articles history [done] AND the last agent answer.

The problem is double :
- If I stop sending email in OTRS setting, my customer never be informed my agent answer to him, so i can't
- If i don't, the sending email get the agent answer inside himself, that is not good because customer will simply click on "answer" button, that's not what i want
- When I get articles content (with php + SOAP) I wanna have only the agent answer, not the sent email. Now i have all the "a_body" article (a_body is the sql name), with signatures, and maybe link etc etc

Anybody have a begin of idea how to achieve that? I think this is a very good way of using OTRS for esupport.

(for example, Kayako Support suite, which is used in http://www.reliablehosting.com , works like that, and that is very good)

Thanks a lot, all questions/answers/ideas are welcome
Andre Bauer
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 5.0.x
Company: Magix Software GmbH

Re: Send a different email when agent aswer

Post by Andre Bauer »

Without E-Mail you dont need OTRS.

Imho you should using mail AND your website.

We currently create our Tickets in Drupal and send them via SOAP to OTRS.

Next step for us is that customers also can view and answer their Tickets in Drupal...
Prod: Ubuntu Server 16.04 / Zammad 1.2

DO NOT PM ME WITH OTRS RELATED QUESTIONS! ASK IN THE FORUMS!

OtterHub.org
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

why not using the customer webfrontend of otrs. There is no need of reinventing the wheel
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
benoitm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.6

Post by benoitm »

monotek wrote:...
Imho you should using mail AND your website. ==> with a lot of emails, that is realy not the good way, to archive, no trace, a lot of emails errors (actually we do like that)

We currently create our Tickets in Drupal and send them via SOAP to OTRS. ==> that is done in my API too

Next step for us is that customers also can view and answer their Tickets in Drupal... ==> That what I wanna do, now :)

I think fully integrate the support is a way to give the best user experience of the esupport, without leaving them because of a new interface, as good as she is !