English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
michal
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

How to transfer a ticket subject in customer reply

Post by michal »

Hi,

I'm facing with that kind of problem:
When customer follow up a ticket, he must write a name of the subject again, instead of the fact that ticket has got an subject already.

Can I transfer the same subject of a ticket that customer is following up (RichText Subject, onload) ? Customer is using WebRequest.

Please help me to solve this mystery :)
JDOS
Znuny newbie

Re: How to transfer a ticket subject in customer reply

Post by JDOS »

I'm having this problem also; any news about this?

Kind regards,
JDOS
OTRS 2.4.9 on openSuSE 11.2 with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

Hi guys,

the idea is that the customer can provide more feedback in this subject: such as:

"Status Update Requested" , "Log file added" , and so on. This information is then conveniently displayed in the Article Tree view in the Agent interface.

But we understand that it not always makes sense to do it like this. Therefore, in version 3 you'll see that the old subject is re-used and formatted with "Re:" just as if it's a regular e-mail.

--
Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
JDOS
Znuny newbie

Post by JDOS »

Thanks Mike! I'll test version 3 as soon as the first stable version comes out.

JDOS
OTRS 2.4.9 on openSuSE 11.2 with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

JDOS wrote:Thanks Mike! I'll test version 3 as soon as the first stable version comes out.

JDOS
Please do.
A nice way to test it now already is by signing up for an instance via http://www.otrsondemand.com - this way you can test out the new version, for free, without needing to set up the instance on a server yourself.

Of course OTRS On Demand is not a free service, there's a small fee required for using it, but the first 30 days are completely free. You can even remove your data to a local installed instance if you want, so you don't loose any of your data.

--
Mike.
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
michal
Znuny newbie

Post by michal »

Mike_B wrote:Hi guys,

the idea is that the customer can provide more feedback in this subject: such as:

"Status Update Requested" , "Log file added" , and so on. This information is then conveniently displayed in the Article Tree view in the Agent interface.

But we understand that it not always makes sense to do it like this. Therefore, in version 3 you'll see that the old subject is re-used and formatted with "Re:" just as if it's a regular e-mail.

--
Mike
Tkanks aslo! It's a very good news for me :)