Issue with custom stats / chart module

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
Rikimaru
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.3.3

Issue with custom stats / chart module

Post by Rikimaru »

Hello together,

i'm currenty trying to create a custom stats frontend module for our employees.
Unfortunately im pretty new to this and prettry new to perl ( Did the last one in PHP and seperated/external from OTRS ).

What i've done so far :

- Installed a working HelloWorldModule
- Copied the needed contents from the AdminSelectBox into the HelloWorld files.
- Rewrote the SQL query, to select spefic data by user id and from article tables.
- Removed the unneeded parts from the frontend pm ( output csv, xls, filter etc. , module should only show live data on call module )
- Removed the unneeded parts from the template file ( form, filter , noresult message, error messages etc ( if no match = no data shows) )

Suprisingly this worked pretty good and i get the SQL query response as an html table with the individual data
for the user/agent , which calls the module by menu, like the output from the AdminSelectBox . :lol:

Now comes my problem. I struggeling hard to get a clue, how i've to use the chart libarys (D3 / NVD3 ) in the
frontend module file, to print out the data above the html tables as a chart like the 7 days stats is does. :(
I tried to render a svg like the 7 days, but unfortunately failing. I guess i missing something like to send the
json data to the chart js files an return a result for renderinig the svg.

I hope someone has a tipp, to get it done correctly and working :)

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Daniel