[SOLVED] Help to configure development environment in otrs 6.0.15

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
joshvis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.15

[SOLVED] Help to configure development environment in otrs 6.0.15

Post by joshvis »

Hi all,

I am not so new to OTRS but first time trying to develop modules for OTRS.
I am using OTRS 6.0.15 on CentOS 7 with MySQL database.
It is a fresh install as i am currently trying to implement our ticket system better as i installed it and configured it at a time when i didn't really understand my company's inner workings.

I have looked and stared at the development manual for OTRS 6 but still haven't been able to get past the first chapter.

Please can someone explain the correct procedure for configuring the development environment and linking expansion manuals

Thank you in advanced.
Last edited by joshvis on 12 Jun 2019, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 6.0.15 (fresh install) on Centos 7 with MySQL database
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Help to configure development environment in otrs 6.0.15

Post by crythias »

The public facing documentation, along with the code itself, is what is generally available to you.
https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/develop ... index.html

This forum has some documentation on how to do some things.

When you ask about developing your own modules, it really depends on what you want to accomplish.

Most typically, you'd probably copy and/or rename a module into otrs/Custom/Kernel/Modules/MyModule.pm ... and edit the header to point to the path of the module. Kernel::Modules::MyModule

In addition, you'd look for and create a relevant .xml file placed in Kernel/Config/Files/XML
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
joshvis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.15

Re: Help to configure development environment in otrs 6.0.15

Post by joshvis »

Thank you for the quick response.
Sorry i am not a developer and very new to perl and trying to alter OTRS.
I have read the manual but the first chapter didn't make much sense to me.

What folder do i put the framework in? /opt/otrs/Custom?

Under the part where it says module tools the documentation doesn't seem to be correct for the new version that is in the master Branch on github please can you advise on the commands and any other setup that might be required for it to work.

I am trying to alter an open source addon and rebuild it so i don't have any errors showing in package manager and the logs.
I am also interested in trying to develop a small addon that shows addicional information about the customer_company on the "TicketZoom" from what i understand i would have to query the DB for the additional info and then parse it to a .tt file to show as a widget.

But first i wanted to understand what the process as i am a bit lost.

Thank you in advanced :)
OTRS 6.0.15 (fresh install) on Centos 7 with MySQL database