Customer Grouping

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
sansflance
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6.0

Customer Grouping

Post by sansflance »

Hi, As i understood OTRS we can create a customer and multiple users under that customer.
Lets assume customer is treated as a company and customer user is treated as a person who operates that company.
Now, I want to create multiple branches under the company(customer). Branch will have its significance as it will have a different address.
If i have three companies(customers) and 10 branches under each,I can create 30 companies(customers) which will solve some purpose.
But the main purpose is I want to have a view on the tickets by company level instead of branch level.
Is is possible to achive this in OTRS5, if higher versions support it pls let me know so that i can upgrade to latest version required.

In short, we need to ensure we maintain the hierarchy as below.
SMart
- store 0001
- store 0002

JMart
- store 0001
- store 0002

And i should be able to view all the tickets in my dashboard under JMart or only the tickets under JMart - Store001 based on the selection.
Thanks in advance for the help.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Customer Grouping

Post by crythias »

Generally, this is only going to matter for the Customer/Company Tickets side.

https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... ge-example
Might help, if you're not using the old school customer_ids method.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
sansflance
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6.0

Re: Customer Grouping

Post by sansflance »

Thankyou Crythias