Requester: choose your queue

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
fpaco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 6s Patch Level

Requester: choose your queue

Post by fpaco »

Hello everyone,

I have installed an instance of OTRS to handle tickets coming from multiple sources. A major part of the tickets are coming from users using the customer interface but some of them will be generated in another tool and send to OTRS using webservices. For that part we have no problem.

To answer to a ticket submitted through the web service, I made my requester trigger on the creation of an article by the agent so the response is send back using the web service. The part I struggle with is when an agent his answering to a ticket submitted through the normal way, OTRS will try to send the answer using the web service.

So my question is: is there a way to make the requester from the web service apply only on a specified queue ? And if not, where would you hard code that ?

Thanks for your help

Regards
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Requester: choose your queue

Post by jojo »

There are some OTRS Business Solution™ modules for filtering the Invoker scripts based on events
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
fpaco
Znuny newbie

Post by fpaco »

Oh thanks jojo !

But I will try to look further into things before using the business solution ;)
fpaco
Znuny newbie

Post by fpaco »

Hello,

I found an other way to do that, I'm a dummy for not thinking about it sooner.

In the invoker I created, I only have to test if the ticket belong to the appropriated queue and if not stop the PrepareRequest() function by returning :

Code: Select all

return {
            Success           => 1,                 # 0 or 1
            StopCommunication => 1,                 # in case of is not needed to continue with the
                                                    # request (do nothing just exist gracefully)
        };
And it works just fine :)