OTRS dev enviroment configuration

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
paladinzhy
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.3

OTRS dev enviroment configuration

Post by paladinzhy »

Hi guys,

I'm new to OTRS. Now I'm developing the OTRS and modules, but I can't find a software to develop and debug the OTRS. Could you guys give me some suggestions for that? (If you could give me the tutorial link as well, I'm so appreciated!) :)

PS: Now I'm trying to use the eclipse + EPIC, but I don't know how to run OTRS from eclipse.

Cheers,
Ryan
BIG_jan
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.8
Company: Netzlink Informationstechnik GmbH

Re: OTRS dev enviroment configuration

Post by BIG_jan »

eclipse + EPIC is a nice start.

Next step would be to install a runnig otrs (linux windows) lokal on your computer (with apache, cron and so on).
Then set the OTRS-directory (Where the Kernel, Modules,.. Folder are) as the eclipse-Project Directory.

Then all changes are life testet in your environment
Live: OTRS 3.3.8, ITSM 3.3.8, in vm
Test: otrs 3.3.8, ITSM

OS: RedHat 6.5 64Bit, Apache: 2.2.15, MySQL 5.5.38, Perl: 5.10.1, mod_Perl 2.0.4
paladinzhy
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.3

Post by paladinzhy »

Hi Yang,

Thanks for your reply!!!
I have linked with perl directory. But I'm still confused with how to debug otrs. Coz I want to know the value for specific variable.

Cheers,
Ryan
BIG_jan wrote:eclipse + EPIC is a nice start.

Next step would be to install a runnig otrs (linux windows) lokal on your computer (with apache, cron and so on).
Then set the OTRS-directory (Where the Kernel, Modules,.. Folder are) as the eclipse-Project Directory.

Then all changes are life testet in your environment
ThorstenEckel
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: *.*.*
Company: Znuny GmbH

Post by ThorstenEckel »

Hi paladinzhy,

I attached a release of the OTRS devel/debugging tool 'Fred' to my post. You can install it via the package manager. After that you'll get a red box in the upper right corner on every page. By default there are just a few of its features activated, STDERR is one of them. It allows you to display / logg what goes on in the STDERR of your system. So you can for example write somthing like this into your code to debug a structure:

Code: Select all

print STDERR "DEBUG - CustomerUserData = ".  $Self->{MainObject}->Dump(\%CustomerUserData) ."\n";
So if you open a view where this code will get executed, you will see the result in the FRED box in the upper right.

This package was, but isn't currently pubic / open sourced by the xxx at the moment. As far as I heard it will be public soon again. I don't know if there is a newer version maby, but this is the one I use.

// Edit:
As an editor I would recomment you Sublime Text 3 - no speicial OTRS or Perl functionality, but a hell of an editor with supernice features.

Greetings,
Thorsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Znuny4OTRS Extensions auf Github: https://github.com/znuny/
Znuny4OTRS - intl. Enterprise Services: https://znuny.com