recorded Time Units in toolbar module???

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
rkuconform
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11
Company: conform IT-Systemhaus GmbH

recorded Time Units in toolbar module???

Post by rkuconform »

Hi,

We use OTRS 3.0.11 with FAQ and ITSM Extension.

For our Workflow, it would be really helpful, if every Agent can see his recorded Time Units (SUM). It is absolutely neccessary, that the Agents can see the Units every Time, they are logged in.

To find out a suitable SQL-statement is not the Problem, we allready have that an can query the correct value with 3rd-Party Tools.

Does anybody now, how we could arrange that in the OTRS Frontend? (in my idea i think the toolbar module could be the right position, but I am open for better/easier ways)

Thanks for your help and regards
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rkuconform
Znuny newbie

Re: recorded Time Units in toolbar module???

Post by rkuconform »

It is not necessary, that the Button has any function. a similar output of the SQL-Statemant value would be helpful.
Alexander Halle
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.x
Company: radprax MVZ GmbH

Post by Alexander Halle »

Perhaps you can solve this by adding a custom dashlet to the dashboard.

(You could try to modify the existing motd dashlet and replace the motd text with your SQL result:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8620&p=33883 )
Alexander Halle System: OTRS 3.1.x, Ubuntu 10.04.x LTS, MySQL 5.1.x, Apache 2.2.x
OTRS Community Links: User Meetings, Projects
rkuconform
Znuny newbie

Post by rkuconform »

Alexander Halle wrote:Perhaps you can solve this by adding a custom dashlet to the dashboard.

(You could try to modify the existing motd dashlet and replace the motd text with your SQL result:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8620&p=33883 )
Thanks for that great input, i like the features in this expansion.
I tried a few things with html, php, jqeury and also with perl... but i never got a good soultion. Obviously i can't deal with that *.dtl File

:-(

My First Idea, was to work with perl in this dtl-File, but i doesn't get something out of my database.

Then I thougt i give the OTRS Username on an external PHP-Script and to hold this dynamicly, using jquery. But i also didn't get it...
also tried to bind out an iframe or something, but then i need a usermanagement on external PHP-Scripts...
Alexander Halle
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.x
Company: radprax MVZ GmbH

Post by Alexander Halle »

So is this topic finished and you will try to write a dashlet or do you have questions at the moment?

You can find other open source OTRS extensions to build upon / to learn from here:
http://opar.perl-services.de/
http://www.opmzone.org/

Please always consider to publish some parts of your work for the community if you had success.
Alexander Halle System: OTRS 3.1.x, Ubuntu 10.04.x LTS, MySQL 5.1.x, Apache 2.2.x
OTRS Community Links: User Meetings, Projects