English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
ebernier
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2
Company: Solutions Libergia inc.

How can I contribute ?

Post by ebernier »

Hello,

I want to add new features in OTRS. How can I proceed to submit my modifications ? Do my new features have to be approved before start developping them ?

Thanks
Alexander Halle
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.x
Company: radprax MVZ GmbH

Re: How can I contribute ?

Post by Alexander Halle »

If you would like to see your code in the official OTRS code you should post it at the bugtracker (bugs.otrs.org).
(Maybe you have to sign something, so that the OTRS company group merges your code with their code and maintains it.)

The other way is the community way, you simply upload your code to OPAR (http://opar.perl-services.de/) and maybe in addition notify the users by postign the link to the "Patches / Modules" sub forum here in the developer forum. Of course that way your code will not get into the core, since the community doesn't maintains the core but the company. But it's a very good start and according to the number of OPAR packages not uncommon.

So I would recommend to upload it to OPAR and then wait for reactions and maybe later upload a patch to the bug tracker.
Alexander Halle System: OTRS 3.1.x, Ubuntu 10.04.x LTS, MySQL 5.1.x, Apache 2.2.x
OTRS Community Links: User Meetings, Projects
Alexander Halle
Znuny expert

BTW: Posting the link to the feature tracker in addition is also good to get more feedback (https://otrsteam.ideascale.com/)
Alexander Halle System: OTRS 3.1.x, Ubuntu 10.04.x LTS, MySQL 5.1.x, Apache 2.2.x
rosejeffreys
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: CGI42

Post by rosejeffreys »

Alexander_Halle wrote:BTW: Posting the link to the feature tracker in addition is also good to get more feedback (https://otrsteam.ideascale.com/)
Thanks Alexander. I was thinking about adding a few features as well. Guess I found where to do it now. :)
Rose.
Alexander Halle
Znuny expert

If you have something to publish you can also contact us (ocb [at] otterhub.org), so that we spread the news or if you need a project page on otterhub.org .
ebernier
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2
Company: Solutions Libergia inc.

Post by ebernier »

Hello,

We would like to complete the french translation of OTRS. It is partially translated in french, but not completely. This is what we want to do :
1- Add all missing sentence in file "Kernel/Language/fr.pm"
2- We will create a french version of file "scripts/database/otrs-initial_insert.*". Now, the values of this files are only in english. We will add a drop down box during the installation process to ask the user the language he want to install. If french is selected, the french file will be used instead of the english one to insert values in database.
3- We will remove all sentence "hard coded" in source code to insert them in traductions files .

Do we need a confirmation from you before beginning this project ?

Thanks
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Hi,

1) is OK

2 and 3 are not needed. All values except the notfications will be translated in frontend. You can add additional notifications for french. (right now they are only for english and german in the file)
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com