2 questions

Moderator: crythias

meukmans
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

2 questions

Post by meukmans »

Hi,

We recently start using OTRS @ our office. I have 2 questions about it, i've also post them in the dutch part of the forum but i didnt get a reply, so sorry for the double posting.

I would like to know :
- Is it possible to give the customer an option to choose his own password while creating an account. Like an extra field where he can put it in. Some people are having trouble with the random password the first time they login..

- Is it possible to show more information about the tickets in the dashboard? For example I would like to see who created the ticket and the type of the ticket.

Thank you,

Sander
OTRS 3.0.7 On Windows Server 2008 R2
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Re: 2 questions

Post by MichaelR »

1. I wouldn't know, what's the issue with temporary passwords? They cannot read them properly? They are not working?

2. You are looking for OTRS/Kernel/Output/HTML/<yourtemplate>/AgentDashboardTicketGeneric.dtl
Specifically under the row: <!-- dtl:block:ContentLargeTicketGenericRowMeta -->
Crythias posted a how-to somewhere about this. Search around for it :)
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
meukmans
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Post by meukmans »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No the system works perfectly only the users that are using it aren't.
Because it's a random password, it gives problems (entering it for the first time, we have alot of older customers and the easier the password is the better). So I rather have them entering their own password when they create an account.
Is this even possible ?

I'll search for it, thanks for the tip!
OTRS 3.0.7 On Windows Server 2008 R2
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5156 <-- customize dashboard

As for random password ... even on creation, that's half the problem. The other half is recovery of forgotten password.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask