Change MySQL port and configure OTRS

Moderator: crythias

JordanCN
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5

Change MySQL port and configure OTRS

Post by JordanCN »

(Windows 2003 R2 x64 server. All patches applied. Nothing else installed.)

We have a website already on this server that uses a specific instance and version of MySQL and Apache. I used Wamp to install. I want to leave this site on its defaults.

I was able to install and get OTRS fine by just stopping the wamp services. Naturally I can't run both at once because the defaults for Apache and wamp are 80 and 3306. I was able to configure OTRS's Apache to Port 8080 and change my.ini settings for OTRS's MySQL to 3308 so all the service fire up fine but OTRS gives me an error on the starting logon page when I have MySQL configured to 3308:

"Error Message: Access denied for user 'otrs'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

How do I configure OTRS to use MySQL at port 3308?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Change MySQL port and configure OTRS

Post by crythias »

why bother with the second mysql instance?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
JordanCN
Znuny newbie

Post by JordanCN »

Because the developer of the other package that uses MySQL says that their stuff will not work with newer versions of MySQL. I don't know if OTRS works with older versions of MySQL.

I am opting to modify OTRS becasue the other package is being developed by a sister division's developer, not a team like OTRS.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

I would suggest to run OTRS on a different server...
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
JordanCN
Znuny newbie

Post by JordanCN »

Yes, there is that and numerous other things I could do. However at this time I need to know how to do it this way.
JordanCN
Znuny newbie

Post by JordanCN »

Since I did not have anything in OTRS yet I went throu the OTRS Web-Installer again. I got prompted that the security mode was enabled so I went to SysConfig, exported the settings, changed the security mode and re-imported. Then I was able to go through the installer again. This time when it came to creating the database I changed localhost to localhost:3308 and now it is setup as I wanted.

Now after going through all of this I was hoping that I might be able to locate that setting somewhere so when we finally deploy OTRS we will know how to change it if it conflicts with some other install of something else.

Does anyone know how I would change this without going through the installer again?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

It's likely you could have made this change directly in Config.pm
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask