OTRS FAQ 2.0 module: how to store attachments at disk

Moderator: crythias

liame
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

OTRS FAQ 2.0 module: how to store attachments at disk

Post by liame »

Hi,
is it possible to store attachements in the FAQ module at the disk and not in database. I can not find a configuration parameter like Ticket::StorageModule (that works fine for tickets) in SysConfig for the FAQ module.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Testing: OTRS 3.0 / FAQ 2.0.1
Apache2.2/MySQL 5
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: OTRS FAQ 2.0 module: how to store attachments at disk

Post by crythias »

Search the forums or docs for filesystem ( FS)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
liame
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

Post by liame »

I searched the docs and the forums before I entered the new topic. All I found was the information how to store the attachment of a ticket at the filesystem. After checking the perl module FAQ.pm (but I am no perl expert) I guess there is no parameter setting for the storage of FAQ attachments.
Testing: OTRS 3.0 / FAQ 2.0.1
Apache2.2/MySQL 5
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I apologize. My coffee must not have kicked in this morning. I thought you were saying that the FAQ module *did* and the Ticket didn't. Don't ask me why I thought this. As a work-around, you might consider DropBox Public folder and paste the share URL. You get 2Gb for free, it's easy to use, and by default it's cloud backup for your files: you don't have to host it or provide bandwidth for download.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
luisjf
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.2

Post by luisjf »

someone has managed to find a solution for this? is very efficient to have these attachments in the DB, I've tried playing a bit of code in Perl but my experience has given me no good results ...
Production Environment: OTRS 3.1.12, ITSM-OTRS 3.1.2, Debian Squeeze, Postgresql 8.4, Apache 2
Development Environment: OTRS 3.1.12, ITSM-OTRS 3.1.2, Debian Squeeze, Postgresql 8.4, Apache 2
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

It isn't possible with the current code, either you code it youself, get OTRS to code it for you, or use Dropbox and encrypt everything if it's sensitive!
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText