Can't write 'opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInte..

Moderator: crythias

drn76
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 99

Can't write 'opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInte..

Post by drn76 »

I think I've got some security issues on my box. My current issue is clicking on SysConfig in the admin area. I get this error:

otrs error "can't write 'opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/CacheInternalState'

The details of the error are:

Error Details
Backend ERROR: OTRS-CGI-01 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Tue Jan 25 02:19:59 2011

Message: Can't write '/opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInternalState/4885f54276c3790b677fe26733aa3f63': Permission denied

Traceback (2384):
Module: Kernel::System::Main::FileWrite (v1.57) Line: 444
Module: Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set (v1.8) Line: 91
Module: Kernel::System::Cache::Set (v1.20) Line: 126
Module: Kernel::System::CacheInternal::Set (v1.9) Line: 132
Module: Kernel::System::State::StateGetStatesByType (v1.48) Line: 437
Module: Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketSearch (v1.485) Line: 4959
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::ToolBarTicketLocked::Run (v1.6) Line: 65
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::Header (v1.345) Line: 1402
Module: Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::ErrorScreen (v1.345) Line: 1099
Module: Kernel::Modules::AdminSysConfig::Run (v1.111) Line: 50
Module: Kernel::System::Web::InterfaceAgent::Run (v1.58) Line: 838
Module: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::opt_otrs_bin_cgi_2dbin_index_2epl::handler (unknown version) Line: 48

I also notice that I have to set SELINUX to permissive to avoid many other permissions errors. Right now SELINUX is enforced. I imagine if I switch it to permissive, this problem will go away but I am interested in fixing these permissions issues the right way...the only problem is I'm no expert in this area. I've found some posts such as this one (http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs/20 ... 11454.html), but I don't think I can use the rpm mentioned since I am running Fedora 13.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
drn76
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 99

Re: Can't write 'opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheIn

Post by drn76 »

[root@...] # setenforce 0

fixed the problem immediately. I'm still interested in learning how to fix this the right way because I'm thinking I've basically turned off a lot of security (that is probably better left on) by doing this command.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
sfs
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

Post by sfs »

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I had following errors in my log:

Code: Select all

error OTRS-otrs.GenericAgent.pl-10 Can't write '/opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInternalUser/005ac2fe063bb271ca91de82950b2d84': Permission denied 
I simply solved it by adding the otrs account to the web server group (www-data in my case).
Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude.
runamoK
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by runamoK »

sfs wrote:I don't know if this is the same issue, but I had following errors in my log:

Code: Select all

error OTRS-otrs.GenericAgent.pl-10 Can't write '/opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInternalUser/005ac2fe063bb271ca91de82950b2d84': Permission denied 
I simply solved it by adding the otrs account to the web server group (www-data in my case).
This solution works for me too.
sj89
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11
Company: Sybrid

Post by sj89 »

How did you do it can you explain in details please. i am having the same issue i have to set "setenforce 0" but i want a proper solution thanks
OTRS 3.1 on Centos with MySQL database PHP Apache Server
sadheeshvi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.18 , 4 , 5s

Re: Can't write 'opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable//CacheInte..

Post by sadheeshvi »

1 ) check the user and group of the file (/opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/blah/blah) which shows permission denied [ ideally the user should be 'otrs' and group should be 'apache' ( web-group) ]
2 ) if there is any user and group change issue .. first change the user and group permission of those file ( using chown cmd ).. [This is a temporary fix]
3) if issue is fixed after following step 2 given above.. then go to /etc/httpd/conf/http.conf as root user... There will be user declarations in that apache conf.. change that to user=otrs and group=apache (your web group).. [This is a permanent fix]