Few Different Questions

Moderator: crythias

aideyd
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Few Different Questions

Post by aideyd »

Hi,
I have just recently installed OTRS and I need help on a few things if possible.
I'm currently running version 2.4.7 on Windows Server 2003.

1) We currently have 4 support agents and 200 customers, whats the best practice to allocate tickets to our support agents? Via seperate Queues? Or Change the ticket owner? My intentions is to have all tickets coming in on the one queue and then one person assignes the ticket to the appropiate Agent. Also the customer should be notified as to whom the call has been assigned to?

2) I also need to integrate logins to Active Directory, bearing in mind that I'm running the Windows version, can this be easily achieved? Do I need to create the user first or once active directory integrated are all users automatically integrated?

3) Also, how do I edit the cron SMTP job so that it runs every minute, rather every 5?

Sorry for the trouble, any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Aiden
peter_sk
Znuny newbie

Re: Few Different Questions

Post by peter_sk »

Hi!

Answers:
1) We currently have 4 support agents and 200 customers, whats the best practice to allocate tickets to our support agents? Via seperate Queues? Or Change the ticket owner? My intentions is to have all tickets coming in on the one queue and then one person assignes the ticket to the appropiate Agent. Also the customer should be notified as to whom the call has been assigned to?
I use both. Queues AND ownership, because I have more agents for one queue. Makes sense?
You can notify Customer with Notification (Event) - "Ticket Owner Update" event, if you use ownership functionality.
2) I also need to integrate logins to Active Directory, bearing in mind that I'm running the Windows version, can this be easily achieved? Do I need to create the user first or once active directory integrated are all users automatically integrated?
You need to change Config.pm file. Once done, create user (agent)in OTRS - same username as AD. The agent can login with AD password.
Client users are all there, when it works OK. You can check the integration with list of all Customers users within OTRS. Just enter "*" into search field and the system shuld list all users and groups.

3) Also, how do I edit the cron SMTP job so that it runs every minute, rather every 5?
Edit the file: C:\Program Files\OTRS\CRONw\crontab.txt

Instead of:

Code: Select all

*/10 * * * *    C:/PROGRA~1/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/bin/perl.exe C:/PROGRA~1/OTRS/OTRS/bin/PostMasterMailbox.pl 
(default is 10 minutes)

Enter:

Code: Select all

*/1 * * * *    C:/PROGRA~1/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/bin/perl.exe C:/PROGRA~1/OTRS/OTRS/bin/PostMasterMailbox.pl
(1 minute).
Restart the cron service.

Regards
Peter
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
fbobraga
Znuny newbie

Re: Few Different Questions

Post by fbobraga »

peter_sk wrote:(...)
aideyd wrote:2) I also need to integrate logins to Active Directory, bearing in mind that I'm running the Windows version, can this be easily achieved? Do I need to create the user first or once active directory integrated are all users automatically integrated?
You need to change Config.pm file. Once done, create user (agent)in OTRS - same username as AD. The agent can login with AD password.
Client users are all there, when it works OK. You can check the integration with list of all Customers users within OTRS. Just enter "*" into search field and the system shuld list all users and groups.
(...)
more info on the setup:
http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Us ... for_agents
http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Us ... _customers
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.