Many Companies Using the Same OTRS

Moderator: crythias

cgreen
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Many Companies Using the Same OTRS

Post by cgreen »

Hi there

I have 2 companies : A and B which have the domain a.com and b.com respectively.

I would like to use only 1 installation of OTRS for BOTH of these companies. How can I do so?

My present thoughts are to have support emails that are coming to support@a.com, be forwarded to support@b.com and then have OTRS suck in all emails from support@b.com.

The problem I foresee is that the automated response is going to be the same REGARDLESS of where the email originates. I do not want the clients of company A to receive automated responses written for the clients of company B.

Also, when the support emails come into OTRS, how can the system automatically separate those from support@a.com from those from support@b.com. Can they be automatically separated into separate queues without the help of a dispatcher?

Thanking you in advance,

Clifford.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Many Companies Using the Same OTRS

Post by crythias »

use different queues that respond from b.com and a.com The Queue AutoResponses can be different between queues.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask