I am not recieving email Notifications

Moderator: crythias

usman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.1.4 on Centos

I am not recieving email Notifications

Post by usman »

I am new to OTRS, recently installed it on my WIN OS.....the problem I face is that whenever a customer or myself creates a new phone or email ticket...we are not recieving any email notifications informing us for a new ticket.

Settings done on my OTRS as per below:

Preferences on my account highlighted Raw Tickets.

Thats all I did not sure if there is any additional steps that need to be taken in order for the notification feature to work. Please help.

Many Thanks,
Using OTRS 3.0.1 on CentOS 5
peter_sk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: I am not recieving email Notifications

Post by peter_sk »

Check the Auto response <-> Queue settings. You should map the queue and a response.
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

It's also possible, in several different ways, that your smtp settings are not valid or are blocked from your firewall that email won't send. Can you provide us a snippet of your OTRS Admin System Log with relevant info?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
usman
Znuny newbie

Post by usman »

peter_sk wrote:Check the Auto response <-> Queue settings. You should map the queue and a response.

Thanks for replying but that's not the problem.....I am not recieving email notifications from the system when ther is a new ticket created by the customer or my self. So say for example a customer creates a new ticket online and assigns the RAW queue I along with everyone in the RAW queue should receive an email notification on our emails Right? that's not working.

My System logs shows nothing at all...I suspect it's a problem with my Sendemail settings..could it be?...if YES how should I configure this

On my SysConfig>Core::Sendmail......I have the default settings.......
fbobraga
Znuny newbie

Post by fbobraga »

usman wrote:(...) everyone in the queue should receive an email notification on our emails Right? (...)
that's not the default behavior of the tool... you must set it
Last edited by fbobraga on 02 Aug 2010, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
usman
Znuny newbie

Post by usman »

fbobraga wrote:
usman wrote:(...) everyone in the queue should receive an email notification on our emails Right? (...)
that's not the default behavior of the tool... you must set it

I have set this from the preferances section...the part where you highlight and select a YES to all the notifications feature.....but still no email
crythias

Post by crythias »

@usman, that *is* the problem. if you don't have an autoresponse for the queue to respond to new tickets, you won't get one.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
peter_sk
Znuny newbie

Post by peter_sk »

usman wrote: My System logs shows nothing at all...I suspect it's a problem with my Sendemail settings..could it be?...if YES how should I configure this

If the system log doesn't show nothing at all, then I don't think you have a problem with sendmail settings. If there is nothing in log, the system doesn't even try to send mail... again: do you have autoresponse maped to the queue?
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
usman
Znuny newbie

Post by usman »

peter_sk wrote:
usman wrote: My System logs shows nothing at all...I suspect it's a problem with my Sendemail settings..could it be?...if YES how should I configure this

If the system log doesn't show nothing at all, then I don't think you have a problem with sendmail settings. If there is nothing in log, the system doesn't even try to send mail... again: do you have autoresponse maped to the queue?

Yes I do now I have the Autoresponse for the Raw queue mapped....which works the customer is notified. But the issue remains when the customer raises a new ticket and submits it....OTRS should send a notification via email on my company email address that a new ticket has been created.... (this is not happening). I am not recieving an email notification when a new ticket is raised by the customer.....the only way i can check i have tickets in my queue is when I actually login to OTRS.

Appreciate the assistance!
crythias

Post by crythias »

You cannot have an email address for an Agent that's the same as the OTRS system email.
You must have the agent's preferences My Queues selected for queues that you want that agent to be notified, and Notification turned on in preferences.