Add a port to the FQDN [RESOLVED]

Moderator: crythias

davidbann
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.2

Add a port to the FQDN [RESOLVED]

Post by davidbann »

I am running OTRS on a web server configured to be accessed via port 8080 instead of the standard port 80.

Is there a section in the SysConfig to specify the port? I have tried to update the FQDN under Core, but it automatically removes the port, so all links in notifications or auto-responses are incorrect when I use the <OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN> place holder.
Last edited by davidbann on 20 Jul 2010, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Add a port to the FQDN

Post by crythias »

You have to edit this in Config.pm
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
davidbann
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.2

Re: Add a port to the FQDN

Post by davidbann »

Thanks I will do that
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Re: Add a port to the FQDN [RESOLVED]

Post by Mike_B »

Actually, this will not work 100% as the FQDN address will also be used when connecting to for instance an external SMTP server, which might or might not choke on this. The reason for this is that port numbers obviously aren't a part of the FQDN addresses.

For OTRS to be able to handle port numbers in a correct way, it should need some development. On the other hand, it's just as simple to create a DNS alias for your OTRS machine and just run it on port 80 or 443, and then you don't need the ability to specify an HTTP port.
--
Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter