compose answer (even if ticket locked by other agent)

Moderator: crythias

Jill Meyer
Znuny newbie

compose answer (even if ticket locked by other agent)

Post by Jill Meyer »

Hi,

is it possible for an agent to answer on a ticket which is currently locked by another agent?
Most of the ticktes we are dealing with have to be processed by a team of agents (software developer, tester,...).
We are dealing most of the time with internal customers and therefore it is ok, when he get's answers from different agents. Currently it is not possible for agent B to answer because agent A has locked the ticket (but already left for the day). Agent B is still working and now wants to provide an answer to the customer. Nevertheless agent A should remain the ticket owner.

Any ideas how to solve this? Changing two times the owner (from agent A -> agent B and then again from agent B to agent A) are far to many actions?

Many thanks,
Jill
OTRS3.1.11
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: compose answer (even if ticket locked by other agent)

Post by crythias »

I have an idea...

Tickets locked by someone else can still have notes (note-external!) appended by non-owners.
If you create a Notification (Event) that has the following, the customer should get an email on the posted note:
Recipient: Customer
Event: Article Create
Article Type: note-external
Subject: A Note has been added to your ticket!
Body:
<OTRS_AGENT_From> wrote:
<OTRS_AGENT_BODY[1000]>

Your Ticket can be reached from the following link:
<OTRS_CONFIG_HttpType>://<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>/<OTRS_CONFIG_ScriptAlias>customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZoom&TicketID=<OTRS_TICKET_TicketID>

-------End-------
I think this is probably on the order of "Good Enough" for not being the owner of the ticket to send a message on the ticket. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have the ability to have prepared statements for the task. I did try this, but I think you might want to test it out before full implementation (choose a specific Queue, forinstance). Also, that <OTRS_CONFIG ... TicketID> line should be all one line, and you might have to stretch the box to the right long enough to make certain of that fact.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Jill Meyer
Znuny newbie

Post by Jill Meyer »

Thanks crythias,
do you also have an idea to send the mail also to some other people (to be chosen by agent case by case) in cc ?
OTRS3.1.11
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Generic/on demand Cc? Not that I'm aware, though the notification (Event) can have additional recipients.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask