Event notification sent to groups?

Moderator: crythias

pekkaar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.10

Event notification sent to groups?

Post by pekkaar »

Hi There,

does anybody know how is it possible to send an event notification to a specific OTRS group?

In v2.4.7 there is a "Group based recipients" box, but the 4 items in there are not changeable, and neither of them provide what I seek:
  • Agent [all with write permission] -- this will send a notification to ALL AGENTS with wr permission. This is silly, one can have multiple teams of agents working on totally separate queues in parallel. I will obviously not wish to send all notifications to all agents...
  • Agent [owner] -- in my case this is also not good, the original owner of each ticket is OTRS itself (otrs@localhost) so there is no point in this either for i.e. TicketCreate events...
  • Agent [Responsible] -- for TicketCreate events, this has no meaning either as there is not yet a human agent responsible. Besides, I wish to send a notification to ALL agents registered for this queue.
  • Customer -- well, for TicketCreate events, this is no-go, I need to notify the agents, not the Customers.
So the question is whether there is any method to add group entries into this list box?

Thanks,
Peter
otrs 4.0.3, mysql 5.5.15, Fedora r15
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Event notification sent to groups?

Post by crythias »

What event would you like to trigger such notification? Note that Admin Notification can be used for manual sends to Queues, and certain preferences can be enabled for members of queues (Agents) to receive notifications.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask