Escalation times based on ticket priority?

Moderator: crythias

pekkaar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.10

Escalation times based on ticket priority?

Post by pekkaar »

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to define different set of Escalation times for different ticket priorities in the queue?

I know I can set up a separate queue for the various priorities, and thus set up different Escalation times for each, but that would mean several times more administration for users, groups, roles and queues.

My other question is whether the ticket priorities affect anything at all in OTRS, or if these are simple static fields?

Thanks!
otrs 4.0.3, mysql 5.5.15, Fedora r15
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Re: Escalation times based on ticket priority?

Post by Mike_B »

Hi Pekkaar,

This is http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2542 --> it's simply not there yet.

So priorities are useful for:
* Notifications (if TicketPriorityUpdate and Priority = 5 , then send notification to joe.manager@example.com)
* Overviews (which are ordered by priority)
* Generic agent actions
* Ticket reporting

but just not for influencing SLA times, at this moment.

--
Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
pekkaar
Znuny newbie

Post by pekkaar »

Thanks Mike_B, would you have any idea as to when (if ever) this Priority - SLA - Customer Company relationship will ever be implemented in the core OTRS Framework, or whether ITSM would ever provide such a functionality?

What I seek is a way to assign multiple SLAs (escalation times) to a queue (which would designate one particular 'case type' for a Customer company), and assign the correct SLA to each new ticket based on either a customer selection made on the customer.pl form, or based on the priority in the inbound email (a rule I can set up as a filter). If I understand you (and the docs) correctly, than this is not possible today because:
  • While Priorities would be just fine for this, the core OTRS does not really do much with the Priorities, and it certainly does not alter the SLA of a particular ticket based on what priority the ticket is in.
  • Services can only be assigned to a Customer User as opposed to Customer Company. I have difficulties understanding the logic behind this. In my experience service agreements are made between companies and not between company employees, so an SLA is something between my company, and my customer's company, therefore I would expect to be able to assign Services (and thus SLAs behind that) to a Customer Company as opposed to Customer Users and have each Customer User assigned to the Customer Company be treated with similar set of SLAs.
Thanks,
Peter
pekkaar
Znuny newbie

Post by pekkaar »

... also, it is not possible to change the SLA of the ticket any time, which again is something we frequently have to do, i.e. if we receive a Critical severity issue, but work our way to resolve the main issues within the Critical SLAs, and with which the problem becomes Medium severity, then I'd like to be able to flip the ticket to Medium SLA and be able to work with that.
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

pekkaar wrote:... also, it is not possible to change the SLA of the ticket any time, which again is something we frequently have to do, i.e. if we receive a Critical severity issue, but work our way to resolve the main issues within the Critical SLAs, and with which the problem becomes Medium severity, then I'd like to be able to flip the ticket to Medium SLA and be able to work with that.
Hi Peter,

These are all features we're looking to include in OTRS, and in my opinion they are all much needed for ITSM operations.

Currently, our own R&D efforts are used to create the new GUI for OTRS 3. If you need the features you mentioned NOW, please contact enjoy@otrs.com to work out what we can do on a commercial basis. Of course, these features would be then made publicly available, if you wish.
Alternatively, you can code or let someone code this and then donate the code to OTRS.org, we'd be looking forward to code donations...

((enjoy))

Mike.
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
TimCuttill
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.4

Post by TimCuttill »

I too would be interested in this feature, I need a system that can escalate based on the priority of the ticket level 1, 2, to 3 and so on. and depending on where that ticket starts I would like each priority to have its own escalation times much like the options available in queues, I have ques set as, Question, Issue, Change Request, and Emergency!, obviously a question would never escalate to an Emergency!, I would prefer a way to have all change and question be their own priority and never escalated, I would also like all issue tickets to be able to escalate from Low-high and then into emergency. Also Is there a way to turn off priory in 3.0 from customers access once in the system? If anyone has any better ideas how I should be doing this please let me know. Thanks everyone.
sparker
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: Spark Interactive, Inc.

Post by sparker »

Actually, I'd like to see the ability to add a "Severity" attribute to a ticket, and change Escalations based on Severities. In other words, a FATAL/CRASH (Severity 1) would escalate every 15 minutes, while a Sev 3 could escalate every 2nd day, and a Sev 5 (Enhancement) would never escalate.

I'm just getting into OTRS, but so far, it's able to do "just about everything" I can imagine based on 35 years worth of help desk and customer service experience...

Steve