Fckeditor language selection not working for some languages

Moderator: crythias

Murilex
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Fckeditor language selection not working for some languages

Post by Murilex »

Hello guys.

I've changed my language preferences to "Português Brasileiro" and several strings of the interface were translated immediately. Unfortunately, the WYSIWYG editor strings remains in English. I've noted that there are several entries in ./Kernel/Language/pt_BR.pm that were supposed to localize WYSIWYG editor (e.g. 'Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'Font Color', 'Background Color'), but changes on these entries don't produce any modification on the editor strings. I've noted too that there is one file to each language that fckeditor supports in folder ./var/httpd/htdocs/js/fckeditor-2.6.4.1/editor/lang/. I think that OTRS is passing incorrect parameter for fckeditor because the first uses the string "pt_BR" to represent Brazilian Portuguese language and the second are waiting something like "pt-br". WYSIWYG editor of OTRS behaviors the same way (strings always in English) by selecting other languages with dialects such as "Chinese Sim." (zh_CN) and "English (Canada)" (en_CA).

Any help will be very welcome.
ITSM 2.0.2 (OTRS 2.4.7)

Obs.: The errors were verified both with IE7/IE8 and FF3.6.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Fckeditor language selection not working for some langua

Post by crythias »

changes to .pm files may require restart of Apache before being recognized.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Murilex
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: Fckeditor language selection not working for some langua

Post by Murilex »

Thank you Crythias, but restart the apache was not the issue. I forgot to mention that I had already done that. I've opened a bug on the tracker and Mike started to solve the problem:
http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5383