Notification (Event) - email format

Moderator: crythias

agcook
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Notification (Event) - email format

Post by agcook »

Greetings,

I have been searching for some time now and can't find a straight answer. When the system email sends out an automated notification (i.e. default reply on new ticket creation) it sends it out in HTML format. However, when I create my own Notification (Event) it sends it out in TEXT format. I have already changed "PostmasterAutoHTML2Text" to "No" but the behavior continues.

Any ideas?
mikecotrone
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.5.7

Re: Notification (Event) - email format

Post by mikecotrone »

Did you ever figure this out? I am sitting here scratching my head wondering why this is so hard? :) Thanks!!
agcook
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by agcook »

No I have not and thank you for "bumping" this up :)
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Edit: There's no provision in Modules/AdminNotificationEvent.pm to handle Rich Text. Even if you copy/paste between the .dtl's, the code stores as html raw and doesn't send as text/html.

On the surface, this doesn't appear to be a major deal. Internally, the code is sufficiently different between AdminNotificationEvent.pm and AdminNotification.pm (hint: Type => 'text/plain', versus ContentType => $ContentType) to suggest that one was written at a different time and possibly by a different author.

Is it possible to do what you want? Yes, and probably not too hard if you know some perl. I'm looking at the code and am close but not quite finished yet.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

Correct, this is enhancement request http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5114

If somebody would patch it against CVS head, we'd be willing to accept patches.
--
Mike.
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
WilcoGG
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS:ITSM 2.0.3

Post by WilcoGG »

Hi

While trying to improve the way that our organisation deals with automatic notification to users, I ran in to this same issue with not being able to format email notifications nicely in the way you can with auto responses.

It appears this is still not fixed at the latest release (which we plan to move to soon). Is this correct and if so any ideas on timeframes for this enhancement?

Kind Regards

Martin
OTRS 2.4.7 and ITSM 2.0.3 on Windows server 2003 (running on VMware) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
girishmungra
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7

Post by girishmungra »

Hi am looking for this as well..
Has any1 been able to work it around?
OTRS 3.1.7 on Linux RedHat with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
tpsupport
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.12

Post by tpsupport »

Hi,

I found an extension from a German company that is specialized on OTRS consulting. They also offer some add ons like the one here:

OTRS Erweiterung: HTML-Mails in ereignis-basierten Benachrichtigungen verwenden - OTRS Extension: Use HTML-Mail in event based notifications
http://blog.ciphron.de/2013/03/otrs-erw ... ignis.html

I have translated the article from the link above:
OTRS 3.1.X by default unfortunately offers no option to sent HTML-mails on notification. As this was this functionality was needed for event based notifications in a customer project, I wrote an extension for it which makes it possible.
After applying the patch you will be offered with a new list in which you can choose between HTML or unformatted (default corresponds to test/plain).
Attention, the Rich-Text editor has not been included and as a work around you can either write HTML code or use the Rich-Text editor from another module (e.g. signature).

<code>

The complete pach can be downloaded directly from http://www.ciphron.de/download/software/ and can be patched via "patch -p0 < file".
I hope this can be useful for someone here.

Unfortunately I could not get it to work with OTRS 3.1.5 but maybe I did something wrong because I copied and pasted the lines from the patch to the files. I am running OTRS on Windows so I do not have this "patch" command. It would be great if someone could patch this and upload the patched files.

UPDATE: works like a charm! Thought notification was broken after applying the patch but I mistakenly set myself (the one that was invoking the event) as recipient. I simply forgot that an agent who invokes the sending of an notification does not receive it.

Regards, Rick
Znuny 6.5 LTS - Ubuntu 20.04 x64, Azure Database for MySQL server 5.7, Perl 5.22.1, Apache/2.4.18
tpsupport
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.12

Post by tpsupport »

Hi again,

the fix attached on bug http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5114 does also work very good. If you would like to have the choice to send notifications in HTML or plain text then use the patch described above in my last post. If you just want to have the HTML editor use the patch from the user "unmoved" comment in the linked OTRS bug report.

Regards, Rick
Znuny 6.5 LTS - Ubuntu 20.04 x64, Azure Database for MySQL server 5.7, Perl 5.22.1, Apache/2.4.18
MrShinken
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.8

Post by MrShinken »

This really helped me. My company needs to print those notifications. Unfortunately Outlook places headers and footers in the printed version of the email. Is there a workaround that OTRS just sends PDF files with the content? Basically that the content get converted to a PDF and OTRS send it regular through the event notification system.