how to set Incoming replies directly to queue?

Moderator: crythias

Fredzz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: -

how to set Incoming replies directly to queue?

Post by Fredzz »

When receiving replies from a specific ticket, any reply goes directly to an agent's inbox. I have set the automatic unlock to 1 minute hoping that the ticket would be unlocked from the agent's inbox and back to the queue after 1 min but this has not moved it to the queue.

Is there any easy way to specify that any replies should directly go to the queue instead of agent's inbox ?

Thanks in advance!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: how to set Incoming replies directly to queue?

Post by crythias »

I don't know if our views of what "queue" means are the same. Queue is category, to me, and a ticket assigned to a queue generally doesn't move from the queue based upon lock or unlock.

If you want the ticket to be "new" or "open", that's state. (but the ticket's still in the queue.) The "New Ticket" and "Notification" options are personal User/Agent settings, along with what their "favorite" queues are.

I'm interested in this question, so if you have more information about what you're trying to accomplish, please chime in.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Fredzz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: -

Post by Fredzz »

Thank you for your reply. Let me try and explain better:

If an agent (Agent A) creates a ticket and the customer replies to it, that ticket should appear on the assigned queue but it doesn't.
Agent B and C are not able to see it under the queues. However if Agent A logs in there will be one "Locked Ticket" waiting for him and only him can either reply to it or unlock the ticket (which will put the ticket back to the assigned queue).

What I was trying to achieve was that when the customer replies to a ticket, that same ticket will not be locked for Agent A but will be instantly sent to the assigned queue that every agent can see it and reply to it.

For what it seems, the ticket is automatically set to locked after agent X replies. Is there a way to disable this 'automatic lock on reply' option ?

I've set "Unlock timeout" to 1 min under "Queue Management" however I would like to know if there is a way to disable completely the lock ?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I think I understand better, and as a customer I want one particular vendor with whom I deal to not have the option you request. Not that I don't want to help you, but here's my view from a customer perspective:
===Begin Rant===
1) I place a support call, get a response from Agent A.
2) I'm not happy, or I just want to follow up with the request.
3) Agent B responds (possibly with the same cookie cutter response, or "I agree with Agent A") -- Frustration level increasing
4) I respond with "This is what I'm encountering, and these are the steps I'm using to replicate it."
5) Agent C responds ...
6) I respond, "here is further information"
7) Agent D responds ...

I don't particularly know if this is an escalation or if I'm dealing with multiple Tier One support, but *I* (as a customer) don't get a warm feeling with the perception that I must explain my support request with multiple agents. I am fully aware (as an Agent/Admin) that the support ticket has all history, but my perception has been that the Tier One agents are collaborating against my support request. I know this is the wrong attitude, but that's how I felt as a customer.
===End Rant===

At the minimum, I think the agent can click : Ticket locked! (Ticket unlock!) at the top of the admin response form. I'll try to research a better answer for you.

Edited to add: The mere fact of clicking a Reponse locks the ticket, apparently.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Daniel Obee
Znuny Version: various

Post by Daniel Obee »

You didn't mention, if the ticket originally was closed or unlocked after sending the answer. I assume both.
Then it's a queue config option to lock on FollowUps or not. Simply change 'Ticket lock after a follow up:' to 'No'.

Greets
Daniel