Age column on customer.pl and index.pl

Moderator: crythias

mashiara
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Age column on customer.pl and index.pl

Post by mashiara »

First of all i want to say thanks to all the developers at OTRS for providing a great product! :)

I got a little problem here that i cant figure out myself. I have a basic installation running here, havnt changed anything yet more then some styling.
All do one thing that have noticed is that the age column dont work the way i want it to.

In this setup the time keeps on ticking even after i have set a ticket to "closed successful" or "closed unsuccessful". They way i want it is that the time really stops when a ticket gets set in one of does status. For exampel, i have ticket that has been running for 40 days and have been closed for 35 days and its still counting, this is not good when customers are asking me why things are taking so long.. I have figured out that this has something to do from the time that you created a ticket so there should some solution on it.

Hope i have explained myself so you get a picture of the problem.
Best regards.

Mathias

*running on Windows 2k3
*version 2.4.7
Daniel Obee
Znuny Version: various

Re: Age column on customer.pl and index.pl

Post by Daniel Obee »

Hi.

From your post it's not yet clear what's the focus of your question, so please excuse if I'm totally off topic.

Guessing it's all about the ticket sorting in the queue view: In http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4583 I posted a package that changes the queue sorting in a way that tickets are sorted by last customer contact. You still don't have the 'tickets don't age when closed' functionality, but they're sorted according to when you had the last chat/mail contact with your customer.

Would that be of any help?

Greets
Daniel
mashiara
Znuny newbie

Post by mashiara »

Hi Daniel, thanks for taking your time and answear.
That might work for me, have to try it tomorrow. Is there any chance that you have a english post or can give a description how i implement it to the system?

What i need is just to get the system to stop counting the time/age on the chat/ticket when i close it.

Mathias
Daniel Obee

Post by Daniel Obee »

Hi Mathias,

just translated the post and put it in the English development area: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4619

I still don't really expect it to be the solution for your task though...

Greets,
Daniel
mashiara
Znuny newbie

Post by mashiara »

Thanks anyway Daniel, just happy to get some kind of support since this i still new to me

Was thinking about one thing, is there anyway to get the total time off the ticket was open from start to closed and get that presented in the Age column or a FreeTextField just like your function does?
Daniel Obee

Post by Daniel Obee »

Sorry, I haven't been dealing with the times too much. We don't even use the SLA thing because our customer base is far too big to use it in a reasonable way.

You still didn't say what's the idea behind your question, so I can't see if there's a workaround for it. For example for open tickets it's quite easy to determine if they're in SLA range if you subtract the last open event's timestamp (or last customer contact, if you use the module) from the actual date...

Greets,
Daniel
mashiara
Znuny newbie

Post by mashiara »

Ya we work in that way to..

I just got to many co-workers that cant add up the time and want it fast. You know, people that just push paper around all day.. Added the modul that you posted and that works for me and the guys at my floor for now. Guess if the others and the boss wants more things he needs to pay for it. We have some people that got some programing skills so next step should be to do something in-house and get a webinterface linked to a javaclient or something that we can run.

Again, thanks for your time Daniel.

//Mathias