Moderator: crythias

leocertuche
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

different freetext shown depending on customer/service

Post by leocertuche »

Hi there,

Here's a simple question for you otrs-experts:

Is it possible to show different freetext fields on the customer interface depending on the customer logged or depending on the service he chose? If yes, is it using ACLs? Any example would be more than welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo Certuche
www.itconsultores.com.co
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

Post by diginin »

Unfortunately the DTLs are not this flexible, yet. ACLs good for limiting items like links in the front-end, or item in a drop-down box.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.
leocertuche
Znuny newbie

Post by leocertuche »

Thanks for your quick reply diginin,

I'll let my team know the bad news. Any chance this will be possible on 3.0 version?

Thanks again,
Leonardo Certuche
www.itconsultores.com.co
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

leocertuche wrote:Any chance this will be possible on 3.0 version?
Just to manage expectations: probably, no.
Our main goal for version 3 is to have the new GUI, with improved usability and accessibility. Any features apart from that we CAN add, because for instance we built something for a customer, or received some patches, we will. But any feature that needs more work is likely to be added to 3.1 or later; we don't want to delay the new GUI with tons of new features.

So if there is something you want or need, the best way to get it into 3.0 is to either develop it and donate the code, or to let ((otrs)) develop it for you on a commercial basis. (we have a separate 'customer development' department, so that would not delay v3) .

Regards,

Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
agcook
Znuny newbie

Post by agcook »

This is, in my mind, a huge gap to self service that OTRS currently has. I have supported some of the larger comercial products in the recent past and one feature I could always count on was to have custom (additional) fields that were dependant on the CI or Service being requested. If I can ask, right up front, what I need to know from the cutomer I will be able to address the request in an efficient manner (as opposed to having to email the customer back because they didnt know to provide additional information). I'm not trying to be negative, I know you all at OTRS are doing a wonderful job and I, for the most part, am truly enjoying the experience. Something like this, however, should really be planned for a future release ASAP. Just my 2 cents worth. :)