"Alert" option. Is there any such option?

Moderator: crythias

niccotrs
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.4

Post by niccotrs »

I am looking for a way to send an 'Alert' out to all of my Agents about a current situation. Is there a way to configure OTRS to send some type of alert out to my team about a current subject? It would be nice if I could put out an alert while working in a ticket so that they would all view this ticket that I am working in.

Does anybody have any ideas here to offer?
niccotrs
Znuny newbie

Post by niccotrs »

Is there anybody out there that would be willing to assist with this question?

Any help is appreciated.
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

This is only possible in the admin area, using the admin notification.
Why would you want to do that? OTRS is made to reduce the mass of active information. As soon as a ticket is locked everyone else should know you are working on it. And instead of sending a mail I´d rather add a note to the ticket. In case agents have added this queue to their observed queues they will receive a mail for that (and if notification is on).
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
niccotrs
Znuny newbie

Post by niccotrs »

Thank you for the reply. I think what I am hearing here is that the built in functionality is already there for this situation. I appreciate having feedback on this and really like the new forum. I will use it much in the future.

Thanks.
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

One situation that I have seen in use was implementing an Event Based notification that would send out an email in case a ticket with high priority entered the system, or an existing ticket was set to high. This might be a nice way to alert management, or your service desk agents, or both, of a situation that requires attention.

Of course, this requires that the CUSTOMER can not change the priority of their tickets. For a customer every issue is prio "high'' ...

--
Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter