Not able to "Compose Answer (email)"

Moderator: crythias

janjohansson
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by janjohansson »

Hello!

I am a new user to OTRS (2.4.7 running on Ubuntu Server), and I have hit a snag.
Mail seem to work, Notification goes out, incoming tickets are pulled by Postmaster into my queue.
When I open a ticket, I see that it was sent by "firstname.lastname@domain.com", just as I expect.

But, I cannot reply to a ticket, there is no Email-address listed by Compose Answer (email):

What may I been missing here? I have gone over the manual this weekend, as well as a bit of Google'ing, but no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

Hi,

You'll have to specify the addresses you want to use for outgoing email under Admin > Email Addresses, and then, attach that address to the queue the ticket is in. It sounds like the ticket currently is in a queue without a valid email address?

--
Mike.
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

Sounds logical, because I do not remeber mapping such an address. I will verify this as soon as I get to the office tomorrow.

Is this also the reason for no notification being sent to the reporting email address when a ticket is closed?
Mike_B

Post by Mike_B »

janjohansson wrote:Is this also the reason for no notification being sent to the reporting email address when a ticket is closed?
Have you made a custom notification? Usually, the notifications are added as articles to the tickets. Can you see those?
--
Mike.
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

I did activate the "defautls" under Auto Responses <-> queue and made quick translates of the templates.

One more thing (again, I am not at the system right now. But since you seem to be online and answering.. i figured i would fire off a ''blind' question.) should i assign the same outgoing email as is the incoming email for the queue?

Because I would assume that is the way in which the user can reply to the reply sent from OTRS and the users comment be added to the ticket?
Mike_B

Post by Mike_B »

That is not required. You can send to info@example.com but receive replies from tech-support-l3@example.com.
Actually, any incoming address on your system can be used to update a ticket. It does not matter what queue the ticket is currently in.
--
Mike
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

Ah, yes. I realized that after taking a closer look at the docs with some newfound knowledge provided by you.

Thanks! Now I have a few things to check tomorrow!
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

Ah!

Much closer to a solution now. The only thing i do not understand now is how the "outgoing" mailadress is selected.
I created a system email address of got.adm.service-request@company.com (which is the same address that postmaster pops to get messages into the queue named Service Request).

When i click the "Compose Answer"-link, the "From Address" is set to itservices@company.com

I check the queue settings for "Service Request", and the System Address is got.adm.service-request@company.com

itservices@company.com was the first address i created when I installed the system.

I must be missing something very simple here?
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

Did you assign this address at
Admin => Queue ==> Systemaddress
for the queue you are replying from to the customer?
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

Yes, I think it is correct? I am attaching a screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

Ah, I see...
On existing Tickets OTRS will keep its settings. Try this with a new one.

Note that Outlook replaces the EMail Address in case it is an alias. It will then take the origin name.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
janjohansson
Znuny newbie

Post by janjohansson »

*grooooaaan*

I should have guessed that.

Sorry, and thanks!
pekkaar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.10

Re: Not able to "Compose Answer (email)"

Post by pekkaar »

Hi There,

I seem to have the same issue -- no clickable email address under Compose Answer -- however I added valid email addresses under Admin -> Email Addresses, and then assigned one of these to the queue.

The selected email address is OK, I have emails pouring in to this queue just fine. Also auto-replies go out with this particular queue email address.

Still I have nothing under Compose Answer.

Thanks for any insight!

Regards,
Peter