About email size, jpg attachments and timeout

Moderator: crythias

nilskm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

About email size, jpg attachments and timeout

Post by nilskm »

Hi!

I'm getting a timeout, the standard timeout of 600 seconds, when some emails are being fetched. They always contain jpg images. I've tried to debug this by sending jpg images to the email account. It seems like the limit is around 15MB size of the attachment before I get a timeout.

Do anyone know if there's something special about jpg attachments that causes this problem? I know that jpg images becomes larger in an email than it's raw size on disk. But still 15MB, even if it would be twice the size, 30MB, it's a little strange that it's not possible to download. I've set a limit to the email account to 25MB and the same on PostMasterMaxEmailSize .

My znuny version is 6.5.1-01 but I've been having this problem with other versions too.

Server linux centos 7.9
The error message is Error: Timeout of 600 seconds reached, killing child process!
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Re: About email size, jpg attachments and timeout

Post by hkais »

nilskm wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 10:34 Hi!

I'm getting a timeout, the standard timeout of 600 seconds, when some emails are being fetched. They always contain jpg images. I've tried to debug this by sending jpg images to the email account. It seems like the limit is around 15MB size of the attachment before I get a timeout.

Do anyone know if there's something special about jpg attachments that causes this problem? I know that jpg images becomes larger in an email than it's raw size on disk. But still 15MB, even if it would be twice the size, 30MB, it's a little strange that it's not possible to download. I've set a limit to the email account to 25MB and the same on PostMasterMaxEmailSize .

My znuny version is 6.5.1-01 but I've been having this problem with other versions too.

Server linux centos 7.9
The error message is Error: Timeout of 600 seconds reached, killing child process!
I had a similar issue in the past with a system, which had wrongly configured the message sizes AND that the connection to the mailserver was very slow.

Have you checked, that your message size is properly set with the base64 increase?
If you google for "Configure max fetching size of e-mails znuny" you will find a set of articles how to calculate and debug it. (not allowed to share direct link to it)

If you have set properly the config and you still have the issue, plz post the log output of your communication log
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users